In a SXSW performance sponsored by Doritos, Lady Gaga trotted out some new tricks in a tired attempt to be provocative and "daring." First, her performance included a woman seductively eating barbequed sausage, which is cool; BBQ forever. Then things took a sharp turn NOPE-wards: Gaga had another woman come on stage and force herself to vomit neon green liquid onto her chest. Seriously?
The vomiting starts around 2:00; as you can see, the woman holds her hair back and shoves her fingers down her throat and then proceeds to throw up on Lady Gaga.
This is apparently some kind of artistic collaboration with Millie Brown, a "vomit painter." However, regardless of artistic intent, the stunt comes across as supremely insensitive and totally ill-advised — especially since Lady Gaga has publicly opened up about her struggle with bulimia and anorexia. Having a woman in a sexy costume purge on stage in the middle of a concert is a really gross thing to do: it comes across (to me, at least) as making light of — if not glorifying — eating disorders.
Lady Gaga, really: what the fuck are you doing? [Washington Post]
Emma Watson, who looks beautiful even when put in a denim jumpsuit, spoke to Elle about her experiences as a child actor: discussing other actresses who have recently entered the spotlight, she said, "There are all these actresses who have emerged in the last year or two, and they get to emerge as this complete human being. And I'm so jealous!" [HuffPo]
Lindsay Lohan's 2 Broke Girls guest appearance was apparently a disaster: according to an audience member, she had trouble speaking because her lips were "so plumped with Botox," and it took her 45 minutes to say 5 lines because she kept forgetting them. "Lindsay is never going to win an Academy Award," the audience member affirms. Yes, quite. [Radar]
- Here's the first image of Zoe Saldana in the Rosemary's Baby mini series. [DListed]
- Aaaand here's the first image of Angelina Jolie and her daughter Vivienne in Maleficent. [Gossip Cop]
- Madonna cleaned her shower by licking it while wearing a diamond headpiece. Using one's tongue as a sponge is a little lifehack invented by cats. [E!]
- Taylor Swift's panopoly of celebrity BFFs has expanded to include The Barefoot Contessa Ina Garten because of course it has. [E!]
- Britney Spears wore a futuristic sack to the gym; its function, apparently, is to induce "super profuse sweating" because it's good for you to "cook in your own juices"????? Idk — personally, I never want to be cooked, and I never want anything that comes out of my body to be referred to as my "juices." [NY Daily News]
- Victoria Beckham just found a very old Spice Girls-themed microwave pizza in her freezer. More celebrities need to come out with personal brand pizzas. [NY Daily News]
- Kellan Lutz, living out every human's dream, fed a tiny little monkey shirtless. [Just Jared]
- Justin Bieber, the bad-boy Banksy known for his hideous and racist gorilla graffiti, got a real Banksy drawing tattooed on his arm. He's so in-the-know about #art and #culture. [ONTD]
- Is Veronica Mars Kristen Bell's Favorite Role Ever? No, playing the disembodied blog-voice of the mysterious scribe who turned out to be a young man in Gossip Girl was. (JK HAHA) [PopSugar]
- FINALLY, noted acoustic shithead John Mayer has weighed in on Juan Pablo. [Pop Sugar]
- Awww, look at this sweet selfie that Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze, Jr. took. [Pop Sugar]
- Amber Rose and Wiz Khalifah are adorably matchy-matchy. [Bossip]