Chris Brown is doing some reflecting (literally and figuratively), telling the world, “There has been times where I looked in the mirror and hated the person I see.”
Posting an Instagram photo of himself napping and/or having a think on a striped daybed near the ocean, Brown wrote:
I’m Konfuzed, I always thought I knew the concept of love. Fame and Money can get in the way of that. Most of my issues always deal with love and me being in my feelings. Not to mention me being a dog sometimes. I can’t speak for everyone but I can say that my actions contributed a lot to my karma. Being jealous and angry and controlling. There has been times where I looked in the mirror and hated the person I see. I talk to God a lot now. He’s given me so much and I feel like I waste his gifts becuz of my impulsive personality. The world is full of negativity and I feel I play a part in it becuz of the choices I’ve made or mistakes. I tend to accept the negative or the riff raff becuz I know what it’s like to be a young black ‘nigga’ in America. I always see the good in people even when they don’t see it. I love others more than myself at times. Everything u see on the surface does not reflect what’s inside. This is my white flag. I surrender to life and all its blessings. I refuse to be petty and attention seeking. To know me is to love me. Good Bad UGLY! Sincerely, Konfuzed
As someone who’s whispered I hate you I hate you I hate you to her own reflection on many a hungover morning, I vaguely relate.
All the best,
During the comedy actresses roundtable for the Hollywood Reporter, Lena Dunham discussed the criticism Girls has received for being too white. Describing the backlash as an “educational, painful process,” she added, “I had been thinking so much about sort of representing weirdo girls and chubby girls and strange half-Jews that I had forgotten that there was an entire world of women who were being underserved.”
“It is our job as creators to represent more than our own experience and to represent more than what we’ve seen,” she concluded. “It ultimately made the show better and made me stronger as a feminist and an activist and a thinker.”
And that’s how we got the veritable rainbow that is Girls today! [The Hollywood Reporter]
Annette (Reese Witherspoon), Cecile (Selma Blair), and Kathryn (Sarah Michelle Gellar) reunited to see Cruel Intentions: The Musical! Everybody loves them, and they intend to keep it that way. *Cue The Verve’s “Bittersweet Symphony”* [E! Online]
- Jennifer Garner was outside, possibly frowning. [OK!]
- But then she got lunch with Ben Affleck! What does it all mean?! [POPSUGAR]
- Rob Kardashian has possibly checked into rehab. [Gossip Cop]
- Following his breakup from Gigi Hadid, Cody Simpson (???) is loving the single life. [TMZ]
- Which is comforting news for Brad Falchuck who’s about to find himself dumped by Gwyneth Paltrow. [Radar]
- Kristen Bell accidentally took an UberPool and got stuck riding with a couple of plebs. [US Weekly]
- Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke turned down the lead in Fifty Shades because there was too much nudity. [Gossip Cop]
- Come up with $100 million and you could be the next owner of Neverland Ranch. [People]
- Gary Busey forgot that he was on Entourage. If only we could all be so lucky. [E! Online]
- Aw, Calvin Harris took his girlfriend (Taylor Swift) and her son (Ed Sheeran) out to lunch. [POPSUGAR]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Photos via Getty, Instagram.