Responding to gleeful internet speculation that Kanye West whined his way on to the cover of Vogue, Anna Wintour explained (with flawless imperiousness) that it was "entirely our idea" and she can NOT BE BULLIED. So don't get any ideas.
"Part of the pleasure of editing Vogue, one that lies in a long tradition of this magazine, is being able to feature those who define the culture at any given moment, who stir things up, whose presence in the world shapes the way it looks and influences the way we see it," Wintour, 64, wrote. "I think we can all agree on the fact that that role is currently being played by Kim and Kanye to a T. (Or perhaps that should be to a K?)"
"As for the cover, my opinion is that it is both charming and touching, and it was, I should add, entirely our idea to do it; you may have read that Kanye begged me to put his fiancee on Vogue's cover. He did nothing of the sort," she explained. "The gossip might make better reading, but the simple fact of the matter is that it isn't true."
Meanwhile, Kate Upton was reportedly bumped to make way for Kimye. Shrug. [E!]
- Kendall Jenner and Selena Gomez had lunch together, which means that they are "surprise BFFs." [E!]
- Martha Wainwright is writing a memoir. [AP]
- Here is a Dumb and Dumber To poster. [E!]
- Ugh, Johnny Weir went and got the family dog from his former apartment while soon-to-be-ex-husband Victor Voronov sobbed. That's always a horrible negotiation. [TMZ]
- David Guetta and his wife are divorcing after 22 years of marriage. [People]
- Britney Spears wore a white dress. [JustJared]
- Katie Holmes got bangs. [Us]
- Kristen Stewart ate cheese. [People]
- Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield say that kissing each other in Spider-Man 2 was "gross." [E!]
- SOOKEH. GIT IN MUH BIKE THINGY. [JustJared]
- Beyonce and January Jones wore the same thing so they will now fight to the death and the victor will consume the flesh of the fallen. [E!]
- WEEKEND TIME. WEEKEND IT UP.
Image via Getty.