Justin Bieber traveled to Guatemala this week where he helped build a much-needed schoolhouse in a poverty-stricken village, and—YOU'RE WELCOME, GUATEMALA!—took his top off. WooooOoooOOOOoOOooOOooo!!! Jokes aside, building schools is an objectively good thing to do, and his confessional video about it (above) seems earnest, even if he does come across like a clueless doof, and anyway it was probably really humid in Guatemala, so whatever. You do you, Jables.
After Justin performed in Guatemala City on Saturday, he joined up with Pencils of Promise — an organization dedicated to building schools for communities in need.
JB was choppered into a remote area outside the city on Sunday ... where a makeshift construction crew was already busy putting up walls for the new school.
In a video posted on his blog, Bieber says the town was overrun with poverty — "I'm not talking about poor, I'm talking about 10 people living in a little shack."
Inspired, Justin ditched his shirt and went to work — grabbing a wheelbarrow and helping to build a wall for the school.
He also took off his shoes and gave them to one of the local children.
If you're wondering why his hat's so tall, it's STUFFED WITH COMPASSION. [TMZ]
Kanye West sat down for an interview with Power 106, called himself a "revolutionary," and admitted that he and Kim Kardashian are "in the exploitation business."
“I wanna legalize paparazzi. I think the government should get paid and the people they taking the photos of,” Kanye said regarding his current relationship with the Paps. However, yeezy did admit: “Me and Kim are in the exploitation business.”
“I stay in a room in Kris Jenner’s house so I sit down with Oprah and heads of studios. I’m not gonna mention they names. Everybody got some advice for me and say like ‘Michael Jackson didn’t do it like this.
But I aint Michael Jackson, I’m not just a musician. “I’m a christian, revolutionary, visionary, products person.”
”Ten years from now, I just want to create for the church—design the new Sistine Chapel.”
If you're waiting for me to call him a crazy person...I offer you no magazines, all the fish in the fish tank are dead, and I hope you do not enjoy your wait. [MissInfo]
Emile Hirsch has reportedly signed on to play John Belushi in an upcoming biopic.
The role of Belushi was reportedly down to Emile Hirsch andWorkaholics’ Adam Devine. Today it was announced that Hirsch prevailed. He'd better start practicing cutting sandwiches with a samurai sword. He also should eat those sandwiches.
I have no problem with this. [Vulture]
- I didn't even know Kelly Osbourne was having a "Lady Gaga feud," but anyway, she's 29 now. [JustJared]
- Chris Brown has been released from jail and his assault charge reduced to a misdemeanor. [People]
- "Michelle Obama Recycles Dress She First Wore in 2009, Makes it Look Totally On-Trend." I can't be the only person here who still wears clothes from 1998, right? "On-trend" can sniff my dong. [E!]
- Kirsten Dunst got a big thumb. [E!]
- Anne Hathaway decorated her house for H-ween. [E!]
- Zoe Saldana went outside. [Us]
- Derek Hough hurt his back and might have to skip DWTS. [E!]
- Kaley Cuoco "WANTS A BABY ASAP." [ShowbizSpy]
- Kristen Stewart went to a pumpkin patch. [E!]
- How about Nilsson Week-and-a-Half?