Julianne Hough is soooooo sorry for wearing blackface as part of her Crazy Eyes from OITNB Halloween costume. She took to Twitter to express her contrition:
I am a huge fan of the show Orange is the New black, actress Uzo Aduba, and the character she has created. It certainly was never my intention to be disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. I realize my costume hurt and offended people and I truly apologize.
You wore blackface — which has historically been used to disrespect and demean black people for centuries, which was quite literally invented as a method of disrespecting and demeaning black people — but had no intention of of being disrespectful or demeaning to anyone in any way. OH, OKAY. [Bossip, E!, Twitter]
Today in extremely inscrutable feuds, Kelly Osbourne told Lady Gaga to "eat her shit" via a hashtag after Gaga tried to send Osbourne a birthday cake through her mother.
"Not to be ungrateful but why would you send me a birthday cake via my MOTHER in a country half the would away? #JustSendItToMe #LoveNotWar" tweeted Osbourne, followed by an Instagram of the cake itself with the caption "#EatMyShit #Hypocrisy."
"I didn't know it was your B-day until this afternoon. Meant as a peace offering. Happy Birthday," responded Lady Gaga, gamely not mentioning that it's very hypocritical to respond to a birthday cake with #LoveNotWar and then #EatMyShit and #Hypocrisy. [Gossip Cop]
Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis are pregnant with their first child! Their reps confirmed the pregnancy to People last night; "They are incredibly happy. They’re very excited to welcome a new member into their family," says a source. The couple have been engaged since this January, and their offspring will probably be extremely beautiful and charming. Congrats! [People]
Doutzen Kroes says that she sometimes feels guilty about being a supermodel: "Sometimes it makes me feel guilty now that I am in this profession that makes certain girls insecure. I always say, I don’t look like the picture... If you put me in bad light with no hair and makeup, it’s not good... I wake up sometimes like, this is not what I see when I look at the magazine, who is this visitor in the bathroom?”
Not even Doutzen Kroes looks like Doutzen Kroes. [Page Six]
- Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr had a jovial walk together following the announcement of their split; they're still on really good terms, guys. You can all stop worrying about whether they're on a good terms. [Bossip]
- Al Roker had so much fun at a Drake concert. [Vine]
- Paris Hilton dressed up as Miley Cyrus for Halloween. Is it weird for a famous(ish) person to dress up as another famous person? They've probably met, right? Would you dress up as one of your more successful colleagues for Halloween? [DListed]
- Jennifer Hudson got a pixie cut. [E!]
- Here is a video of Beyonce looking very beautiful and fun-loving while jumping off of a giant tower in New Zealand. [NY Daily News]
- Founding member of Fleetwood Mac John McVie has cancer. The band has canceled their world tour while he gets treatment. So, so sad — I am using all the power invested in Dirt Bag to wish him a smooth recovery and good health. [E!]
- Emily Ratajkowski, the most petulant of all the topless dancers in "Blurred Lines," was named the Esquire Woman of the Year in a reader's poll, beating out Jennifer Lawrence. Sorry, J-Law, you can't win them all forever (but in my heart you can). [HuffPo]
- Kim Kardashian gave birth on TV. "Labor was honestly the easiest thing ever," says Kim. [Gossip Cop]
- Miley Cyrus' little sister Noah Cyrus, who is 13, was recently photographed driving a car. I don't know, guys. I don't know what to tell you. [Gossip Cop]
- Here's another christening picture of the Royal Family lookin' really cute and tender. Prince George wears that dress so well. [Gossip Cop]
- Kris Jenner and former bachelor Ben Flajnik are NOT dating. Remember last week when it was rumored that they might be dating? This has been a real emotional roller-coaster. [People]
- Chris Brown made several homophobic comments before committing a felony assault on a man who attempted to jump into a photo of him and a female fan yesterday. Chris Brown is the worst. [Radar]
- Ciara and Future are engaged! Congratulations to Ciara and Future. [E!]
- Here's a video of Freddie Prinze, Jr.'s six pack on The Witches of East End. [HuffPo]