Jonah Hill was caught on camera hurling anti-gay slurs at a paparazzo.
In a video obtained by TMZ, Hill and two friends are being followed by several photographers; at one point, one mocks Hill's floral board shorts, saying, "I like the shorts though, bro. Those are pretty sexy." Hill continues on in silence for about 40 seconds, then the paparazzo says, "Have a good day, enjoy." Hill responds, "Suck my dick, you faggot." Ugggggh.
As Pink News points out, Hill has previously been an outspoken proponent of LGBTQ rights and marriage equality. Last year, he told E! that he supports gay rights because "I have tons of gay friends, gay family members. It's like saying, "why do you think people should breathe?" So it's doubly disappointing — and pretty effing confusing — that he would think it's in any way acceptable to use hateful language like this. [TMZ]
This morning, he appeared on Howard Stern and apologized: "Publicly, I've been a gay rights activist... Just to give it some context — not excusing what I said in any way— this person had been following me around all day and saying hurtful things about my family, really hurtful things about me personally, and I played into what he wanted and lost my cool. In that moment, I said a disgusting word that does not at all reflect how I feel about a group of people... I'm not at all defending my choice of words, but I am happy to be the poster boy for thinking about what you say... It would break my heart for anyone to think, especially with all the work that I've done and all the loved ones that I have, that I would be against anyone for their sexuality." [TMZ]
In more encouraging news, Avril Lavigne is now standing in close proximity to her fans during meet and greets, as opposed to in opposite corners of the same room! Maybe she has a better outlook on life now that she's opening for the Backstreet Boys? [TMZ]
Kanye reportedly commissioned Kim a tasteful nude of herself by the street artist Bambi. It is painted on metal, and it shows Kim in a g-string and Louboutins. It is titled, obviously, "Perfect Bitch." According to Bambi's manager, Kanye asked for something "understated and classy." I don't hate it! [Mirror]
- Last night at the CFDAs, Solange and Rachel Roy (who is rumored to be the cause of the Elevator Fight) were both in attendance. The earth continued spinning on its axis around the sun. We are all ok. [E!]
- Miley Cyrus had so much fun on her private jet, mostly rhythmically affirming that she was wearing pajamas. She was joined by a man referred to as "DJ Sugar Bear." [HuffPo]
- Mindy Kaling got a summer haircut; also, notably, this article calls her a "funnygal." Is that a word we are using? [E!]
- Charlie Hunnam says it was a "heartbreaking choice" to drop out of Fifty Shades of Grey, a film in which he would get to growl things about butts commandingly. [NY Daily News]
- Here are some photos of Kendall and Kylie Jenner at a signing of their dystopian young adult fiction novel, which is titled Rebels: City of Indra. Just a reminder that this illustrious tome exists. [Just Jared]
- Rob Kardashian unfollowed everyone on Twitter except for Kris Jenner and Kylie Jenner. Rob, how will you get all of the Rebels: City of Indra news if you only follow one of the book's authors? [Hello!]
- Cool Teen Chloe Grace Moretz went skateboarding with other Cool Teen Brooklyn Beckham, as is the Cool Teen's wont. [Just Jared]
- Omg, it's your lucky day: "Watch Niall Horan Get Hit In the Face With A Banana By 5SOS." Just like you always dreamed of. [MTV]
- A Lindsay Lohan update: she missed the Life Ball in Vienna, although the organization paid for her transportation and lodging, because she missed her flight. That should be the plot of Home Alone 4. [Page Six]
- Kim Kardashian didn't actually donate any money to that mage she's supporting in her run for Congress, according to a report. (Neither did Nicole Richie or Katy Perry. MAYBE THEY JUST SENT HER GOOD VIBES, which is mage currency). [Radar]