Jennifer Lawrence's Marie Claire cover story is out; in it, she covers a wide breadth of topics: life, love, friendship, fame, periods...
She also talks about the Jennifer Lawrence Oscar Fall truthers, a contingent of humans who've formed a fairly banal celebrity conspiracy theory, as celebrity conspiracy theories go: that J-Laws second Oscars stumble was an inside job; i.e., that she fell over on purpose to keep looking ~kooky and authentic~.
"I know!" she says of the second misstep. "I'm trying to do the right thing, waving to the fans, trying to be nice, and there's a traffic cone. The second I hit it, I was laughing, but on the inside I was like, 'You're fucked. They're totally going to think this is an act.' If I were Jared Leto, I would completely agree. But trust me, if I was going to plan it, I would have done it at the Golden Globes or the SAGs. I would have never done it at two Oscars in a row. I watch Homeland—I'm craftier than that!"
That's a very fair point, actually. Anyway, she also discusses her relationship with Nicholas Hoult, which is a rarity for her ("We can both go out and have our own lives and know that we have each other. Why am I talking about my relationship? Jesus.") and female friendship ("I don't trust a girl who doesn't have any female friends.")
Plus, she talks about being on her period a lot, which is something I fully support — so frequent is the uterus-talk, in fact, that it's the lede to the piece. From whence comes one this beautiful tidbit: "The actress means that it's that time of the month, which may seem like quite the overshare." It's ok, Marie Claire, it's called a period, and tons of people get them. You can say it. [Marie Claire]
Gwyneth Paltrow took to her Goop site and wrote a post entitled "Ending the Mommy Wars," which is the Internet equivalent of bathing oneself in honey and then swatting at a beehive. Godspeed, Gwyneth. [Goop]
Michael Douglas injured his groin going too hard at his son's bar mitzvah: "I'm hurting," he told Page Six. "I don't know whether it's my groin or a hernia. I got carried away at my son's bar mitzvah this weekend. You know they put you up in the chairs over the top — I think something happened there." [Page Six]
- A rumor is circulating around the Internet that Justin Theroux would like his wedding with Jennifer Aniston to be alcohol-free. WHAT IS THE POINT OF A WEDDING WITH NO ALCOHOL, JUSTIN? [Dlisted]
- Harry Styles has added onto the pastoral flesh-collage taking place on his chest, via two giant fern tattoos. [Hello]
- Lady Gaga is mad because she rode a giant horse and one time and had green hair another time and now Katy Perry is doing both. A few years ago these very same women had a tiff because they both wanted to dress like mermaids. I wish I had chosen a career path where I could feel professionally justified in claiming that mermaids and large robotic horseswere my "thing." [E!]
- Kris Jenner, the world's leading "cool mom ;)", took a selfie with her daughter Khloe's probably-boyfriend. She captioned it "I love you papi." MOOOOOOMMMM!!!! [ONTD]
- Here's a photo of Taylor Swift in a tree. [Just Jared]
- Some magician turned every abandoned Angelfire website into a bucket hat, which Rihanna then wore to a basketball game. [Just Jared]
- "If this isn't felony vandalism, nothing is," said the L.A. DA, re: Justin Bieber's egging mischief. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Oh, nothing, just BELL HOOKS DANCING TO "DRUNK IN LOVE." [Vine]