Gary Oldman issued a statement in response to the Anti-Defamation League's charges that his statements in a recent Playboy interview were anti-semitic. His apology is not bad, if a little awkward.
Dear Gentlemen of the ADL:
I am deeply remorseful that comments I recently made in the Playboy Interview were offensive to many Jewish people. Upon reading my comments in print—I see how insensitive they may be, and how they may indeed contribute to the furtherance of a false stereotype. Anything that contributes to this stereotype is unacceptable, including my own words on the matter. If, during the interview, I had been asked to elaborate on this point I would have pointed out that I had just finished reading Neal Gabler's superb book about the Jews and Hollywood, An Empire of Their Own: How the Jews invented Hollywood. The fact is that our business, and my own career specifically, owes an enormous debt to that contribution.
I hope you will know that this apology is heartfelt, genuine, and that I have an enormous personal affinity for the Jewish people in general, and those specifically in my life. The Jewish People, persecuted thorough the ages, are the first to hear God's voice, and surely are the chosen people.
I would like to sign off with "Shalom Aleichem"—but under the circumstances, perhaps today I lose the right to use that phrase, so I will wish you all peace–Gary Oldman.
Duly noted, Gary Oldman! [Deadline]
And no, says Mel Gibson's arresting officer, he hasn't ever called anyone the n-word or a "fucking Jew." But thanks for the weird, offensive shout-out, Gary. [Telegraph]
Bow Wow, formerly Lil Bow Wow, would now like to be known by his birth name, Shad Moss. Apparently the name Bow Wow "does not fit who I am today."
He dropped the "Lil" in 2002, now he's dropping his stage name altogether. Bow Wow, 27, posted a video on his Instagram page on June 22 announcing that he wants to be called by his birth name, Shad Moss. Bow Wow said that after the BET Awards on June 29, he only wants to be called Shad.
...Bow Wow explained on the caption of the Instagram video, "ANNOUNCEMENT: After BET awards i will no longer go by Bow Wow! Im going by my real name "Shad Moss" we made alot of history as bow wow. Now its time for the next chapter and challenge. Bow wow does not fit who i am today. Ima father, business man, TV host, Actor, and rapper! Time for MR Moss to take over!"
Duly noted, Shad Moss! [HollywoodLife]
- Cameron Diaz is dating Benji Madden!?!!?? [E!]
- SERIOUSLY IT'S JUST A STRING OF RANDOM LETTERS: "Tamra Fights Back! 'RHOC' Star Judge Slams 'Delusional' Ex Simon Barney's 'Flat-Out Lies' About Her Alleged Child Abuse In Explosive New Court Docs — Insists 'The Only Abuse Our Children Are Suffering' Is From Him!" [Radar]
- Do you "gotta have" Demi Lovato's "boob-smooshing" dress, or do you want to "make it stop"? Or, third option: Women just get to wear stuff without being fucking voted on every time they go outside? [E!]
- Idina Menzel talked candidly about dating as a [choke, sob] single mom. [HuffPo]
- Kris Jenner forced Kendall Jenner (NOTED ATTRACTIVE PERSON) to touch a dog's feces. [E!]
- Jennifer Aniston looks great! [Us]
- Ang Lee loves Liev Schreiber's legs. [JustJared]
- Adam Levine says he did NOT have sex with Lindsay Lohan. [JustJared]
- Gavin Rossdale says the secret to his long marriage with Gwen Stefani is that they never, ever spend any time together. =\ [JustJared]
- "Prince Harry Plays Sports with Children." [Us]
- Justin Bieber is rumored to have been in a car crash this afternoon. No injuries were reported. [HuffPo]
- "It took me a while to come out of my shell," says Anna Kendrick. [JustJared]
- ME 24/7/365/∞
Image via Getty.