Apparently some ne'er-do-well is trying to sell a leaked photograph of little baby North West, but Kim and Kanye claim that it's all part of an ingenious con to throw baby-photo thieves off the scent. YOKEY DOKEY, GUYS.
Kim felt people in her world were going to hawk baby photos, so she wanted to catch the culprits quickly. We're told Kim hatched a plan and sent a half-dozen of her "friends" pictures of a baby she claimed was North West — but we're told it was an impostor infant.
Sure enough ... someone came along and tried selling us this pic (above). Gotta say ... it looks like it could be Kim and Kanye's baby. It has the right ... well, you know ... but Kim would obviously pick a pic of an impostor baby that had the qualities of her own child.
Our K & K sources have seen the pic and claim it's not the real deal.
Just a normal, regular kind of thing to do that is totally normal and true. [TMZ]
But speaking of protecting celebrity kids from unwanted attention, Halle Berry appeared before the California Assembly Committee on Public Safety today to talk about her daughter's fear of paparazzi.
"My daughter doesn't want to go to school because she knows 'the men' are watching for her," the actor told the Assembly Committee on Public Safety. "They jump out of the bushes and from behind cars and who knows where else, besieging these children just to get a photo."
Berry, who is pregnant, said she was speaking in favor of the anti-harassment bill by Sen. Kevin de Leon, D-Los Angeles, as a "mother of a daughter and the baby boy in my belly."
"If it passes, the quality of my life and my children's lives will be dramatically changed," she said.
The bill would change the official definition of harassment to include lying in wait for a child, following a child, or photographing a child without permission. [CBS]
Paula Deen's brother Bubba says "business is booming."
"We're doing fine," Bubba said ... and when asked if Deen's businesses were continuing to thrive despite all of the bad media, he insisted the companies were "slammed" ... and he meant it in a good way.
FYI — Lisa Jackson, the woman suing Paula and Bubba, worked as the G.M. for Uncle Bubba's Seafood and Oyster House in Savannah, Georgia from 2005 - 2010. Bubba is part owner along with Paula.
Jackson claims Bubba is a racist who dropped the N-word in the workplace and also viewed porn on the kitchen computer.
Oh, and also her son says she's not racist because she once gave him Hank Aaron pajamas. Tru calling. [TMZ]
- Jimmy Kimmel hurt his face. [E!]
- Here are Justin Theroux's muscles. [JustJared]
- Here are Snooki's muscles. [Us]
- If you want to look exactly like The Rock, just eat 14 eggs 7 times a day. Or something. [News.au]
- Here's Paul McCartney's son being awkward. [E!]
- Spit on Scottie Pippen's daughter, get punched by Scottie Pippen. Allegedly. [TMZ]
- Rachel Leigh Cook is excited about her baby! [People]
- So is Shannon Miller. [People]
- Here's Scarlett Johansson doing a kind of Lucille Bluth thingy on the cover of Vanity Fair. [E!]
- Here's Jared Leto doing his best Strawberry Shortcake on the cover of Candy. [E!]
- Joe Francis being garbagey. [E!]
- Here are Farrah Abraham's new boobs. Both of them. With their nipples. [ONTD]
- Try to watch Separate Ways and have a shitty day at the same time.