Katy Perry went to a Hillary Clinton book signing and then Tweeted an emoji-laden offer to write her a campaign song; HRC replied because democracy means that everyone's voice is heard (esp. Katy Perry's).
.@katyperry Well that’s not a Hard Choice. You already did! Keep letting us hear you Roar.
— Hillary Clinton (@HillaryClinton) June 22, 2014
(Way to get the book title in there, Hillary.)
Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez, the most ill-fated of couples (star-crossed, mostly, by the fact that Justin Bieber is a horrible little shit), were spotted on a movie date this weekend. Justin Bieber was clad in a fedora and an unflattering dress. (Here is a video filmed by an enterprising teen.) [E!]
Khloe Kardashian is now facing backlash for her dumb decision to wear a Native American headdress to the music festival that doubled as her infant niece's birthday party. I am mostly confused about how Kylie Jenner — a prolific Tumblr user — didn't intervene and tell her that cultural appropriation is not cool. [HuffPo]
- Brandi Glanville called her 7-year-old son an asshole during a podcast and is not sorry about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ [DListed]
- Sting says he is not giving his six children any of his $306 million fortune because wealth would be "albatrosses" around their necks. I support this metaphor because I feel like all of Sting's offspring will grow into ancient mariners. [NY Daily News]
- Olivia Palermo, the nefarious villainess of The City who really likes fashion and tepid scheming, is afraid to leave her building because she thinks the paparazzi are waiting for her. Actually, though, they just want pix of Anne Hathaway, who lives in the same building. Poor Olivia :( [NY Daily News]
- Kenan Thompson is a dad now! [NY Daily News]
- This is an article about Kanye West ordering Chinese food. "It is not known whether West, 37 - who also wore a diamond-studded gold chain - left a tip." — a real sentence that was written. [NY Daily News]
- Lauren Conrad was in da club at Cabo, as is her wont; the emcee made a homophobic joke, so she walked out. A true sign of maturity is that your Cabo drama is socially conscious. [The Hollywood Gossip]