Looks like Anne Hathaway wasn't immune to the Anne Hathaway backlash. The star says that she dropped out of the public eye for a bit after her Oscar win because "my impression is people needed a break from me." Oh, Anne!
"My impression is that people needed a break from me," she said (reportedly with a laugh) in a new interview with the Huffington Post.
While her profile could only be so low following her Golden Globe, SAG and Oscar winners for Les Misérables, she did pop up on the big screen only once during the rest of the year, in a cameo in Joseph Gordon-Levitt's indie romance Don John.
But after a romantic trip to Hawaii with hubby Adam Shulman to kick off the new year, Hathaway is back in action with a vengeance, with no less than three films in the release pipeline for 2014. (And four if you count her voicing a character in the animated Rio 2.)
She's currently at the Sundance Film Festival to promote her latest movie, Song One, which she also produced with Shulman.
Oh, Anne. I didn't need a break from you! I THINK YOU SEEM NICE AND I LIKE YOUR HAIR. [E!]
Sherri Shepherd apologized for her homophobic comments and you can't be mad because Mario Cantone says it's okay. [ONTD]
Apparently Adam Brody refers to his sex scenes with Kristen Bell in House of Lies as "threesomes," because Bell had a baby inside her at the time.
Brody "affectionately refers to our sex scenes as our threesomes because my belly was just on top," Bell, 33, told O'Brien, adding that the actor was a good sport as she finessed her being pregnant as they cavorted in the sack.
Bell hopes baby Lincoln, who turns 1 in March, will one day come to appreciate her work, which included shooting scenes of making a sex video on the show where Mom's growing tummy was cropped out to make it appear realistic.
"And now I can forever look at my daughter and say, 'Oh, you were pregnant for that!' " said Bell, who, later appearing on Chelsea Lately told host Chelsea Handler that she hopes her daughter grows up to view the lovemaking as healthy.
ATTENTION ENTIRE EARTH. PLEASE STOP THINKING ABOUT FETUSES WHILE PRETEND-HUMPING KRISTEN BELL. [People]
- Normally, as a rule, I make fun of headlines that say things like, "Jennifer Hudson FLAUNTS black bra," but in this case I was kind of like, "Yeah, that's fair." [JustJared]
- Meanwhile, Jenna Dewan "flaunted her amazing postbaby body" by standing there. [E!]
- Lorde says she texts Taylor Swift to get advice on what lamp to buy. "Taylor's super-good at this stuff." [Us]
- Teresa and Joe Giudice have asked for separate trials in the federal fraud case against them. [People]
- Nene Leakes is launching her own TV production company. [Bossip]
- I canNOT believe Trista and Ryan are still married. [People]
- Ew, Lou Pearlman. [THR]
- Elizabeth Banks says it's okay to make fun of Jennifer Lawrence because "she can handle it." [E!]
- L8r. G2g blowdry my screech owl.
Images via Getty.