I feel like nobody cares about Girl Meets World—the long-awaited Boy Meets World spin-off—as much as I do, but I'm going to MAKE YOU PEOPLE CARE if it's the last thing I do. The show, which premieres this summer, will chronicle the life of Cory and Topanga's daughter as she bops around her middle school and, apparently, eats a lot of pudding.
"Girl Meets World is a new show for a new generation that will be rooted in the same kind of honest, comedic storytelling about coming of age and the importance of family and friendship that made Boy Meets World so popular," creator Michael Jacobs shared.
The series, premiering later this summer, is set in New York City and follows 7th grader Riley and her best friend Maya (Sabrina Carpenter) as they navigate through middle school.
Their plans for a carefree year will be adjusted under the watch of Riley's parents Cory, who works as a history teacher at the school, and Topanga, who owns an afterschool hangout known for its pudding.
Like, what if it's as good as Degrassi: TNG? What if Mr. Feeny and Rider Strong cameo? In EVERY EPISODE? ...And then we just cut out all the kid actors and it was just a REGULAR BMW REBOOT? Just brainstorming here. [JustJared]
Kate Winslet says no, hell no, she doesn't autograph creepy nude drawings or pics of herself from Titanic. OBVIOUSLEH.
"I don't sign that [picture]. It feels very uncomfortable. Why would you do that?" Winslet tells us in our video above. "People ask me to sign that [picture] a lot."
"There's a photo of it as well that someone has lifted from a still of the film, and that photo gets passed around too. I'm like 'No! I didn't mean for it to be a photograph that I would end up seeing still 17 years later.'"
"It's still haunting me. It's quite funny really."
EW, GUYS. Ew. [Yahoo!]
Vladimir Putin's divorce is final. Ladies.
- Zac Efron has replaced Shia LaBeouf in a movie called The Associate. [JustJared]
- Jenna Fischer is "CLOSE" to giving birth. [E!]
- Miranda Kerr wore sweatpants and, weirdly, still looked like a supermodel. [E!]
- Brad Pitt is planning to produce a movie about the Steubenville rape case, based on a Rolling Stone article he optioned. [ContactMusic]
- Brad Pitt also went to the airport. [JustJared]
- Here's a not-at-all sponsored post about what Hilary Duff is bringing to Coachella. (Hilz! You forgot PopChips and Vitamin Water!!!) [E!]
- George R.R. Martin reveals which scenes he's most excited about in the next season of GoT. Joffrey and Margaery's wedding, OBV. [HuffPo]
- A fun activity that I discovered/invented is to try to mimic all of Cameo's dance moves as they happen in the video. It's a good workout and also you will look like a KOOL DUDE and vanquish any nearby LeVars who are busy hating instead of celebrating.
Images via Getty.