On Tuesday evening, a Page Six reporter named Oli Coleman published a story entitled “Gwyneth Paltrow called out for being a ‘backstabber’” in which he revealed the profoundly boring news that Julie Klausner, comedian and star of Hulu’s Difficult People, called the Goop founder one of the “phoniest ‘backstabbers’ in Tinseltown.”
My initial thoughts after reading that tweet were:
- As previously established, I love it when celebrities make statements with the Notes app.
- “I have zero memory...but if I did” is very funny.
- I sure hope this non-feud is over!
But it wasn’t. Coleman apparently took Klausner’s tweet as a dare, and published a story called “Here’s the proof Julie Klausner dissed Gwyneth” late Wednesday afternoon. In it, he provides receipts in the form of audio recorded at the Difficult People premiere, during which Klausner clearly says:
“Gwyneth Paltrow, there’s many a tale to tell. [Reporter: “Oh yeah?”] Well, sure. Go on the Internet and read your kid a show business fairy tale sometime. All kinds of backstabbing. But she likes cupping now. I know she likes doing acupuncture and things. Cupping maybe instead of backstabbing.”
Paltrow has probably been lying in her hammock drinking kombucha for the past three days, blissfully unaware that any of this happened.
Miles Teller looks like this now.
- Was Gwen Stefani’s show empty... [Perez Hilton]
- ...or was it super crowded? [Twitter]
- Is Kelsey Grammer okay? Radar doesn’t seem to think so! [Radar Online]
- Scout Willis released a “new” song, but I didn’t know she had any old ones. [Just Jared]
- Only 373,000 people care about Patti Sanger. [Page Six]
- Only one person cares about Karl Cook. [Just Jared]
- It’s coming. [Us Weekly]
Images via Getty.