General Accused of Sexual Assault to Begin Court-Martial on March 3Hillary Crosley Coker1/06/14 10:50amFiled to: Rape RapeBrig. Gen. Jeffrey A. SinclairJeffrey Sinclairsexual assault in the military441EditPromoteShare to KinjaToggle Conversation toolsGo to permalinkFor Brig. Gen. Jeffrey A. Sinclair, the world is probably melting in a slow, Dali-like nightmare. As it should if any of his many alleged crimes are true.AdvertisementThe 51-year-old General, whose case Jezebel began following in 2012, is accused of a laundry list of sexual assault charges, including forcible sodomy, which have stalled his rising career. Sinclair's court-martial is slated to begin on March 3 and he faces a sentence of life in prison. The main allegations stem from a three-year extramarital affair he had with a subordinate junior officer. Last year she testified that despite his physical and emotional abuse, like ending arguments by forcing her to perform oral sex through her sobs, she continued to love and sleep with Sinclair. Advertisement"In a (expletive) up way I still love him," she said in court, avoiding Sinclair's gaze as he sat nearby at the defense table. "I don't want him to be upset with me."When the woman tried to leave him, she said he threatened to kill her and her family. Prosecutors also claim that Sinclair was verbally abusive and acted inappropriately with other female officers too, requesting nude photos of the women. On the other hand, the defense claim that Sinclair is actually a victim of bad timing, you know, that President Obama and his pesky pledge to rid the military of sexual assault. Sinclair's alleged female victim is just a jilted lover who got crazy when the married man said he wouldn't leave his wife and family for her, and if this had all come out earlier, the General would've just gotten a "quiet reprimand and early retirement." Why so serious, guys?