Lawyer, civil rights activist, Rhodes scholar, regulation hottie, and rumored Young Blue Eyes Ronan Farrow will be joining the MSNBC afternoon lineup early next year. Farrow, 25, will host a daily weekday show that network execs say will be a "game changer."
Farrow, a human rights advocate and foreign policy expert who founded the State Department's Office of Global Youth Issues under the first Obama administration, says he intends to "shake up people's expectations for cable news" as part of his new gig.
...The Yale Law grad — who was ranked No. 1 on Forbes' "30 Under 30" most influential in law and policy list — also has prior journalism experience: He's penned pieces on foreign policy and human rights for the Wall Street Journal and New York Times, and provided commentary regarding his expertise across several major networks. THR reports Farrow also met with executives at CNN.
ust one day before the news of Farrow joining MSNBC, Penguin announced that he will soon become a published author for his work, "Pandora's Box: How American Military Aid Creates America's Enemies."
In other news, I fainted. [Us]
Lady Gaga has reportedly filmed a holiday special with the Muppets.
The show was shot in Los Angeles, E! reports, but an airdate for the television event has yet to be revealed.
Gaga first entered the Muppets' cartoony world when she famously sported a dress made entirely of Kermit The Frog dolls back in July of that year. Months after she rocked the Jean Charles de Castelbajac-deigned frock on German TV, the Mother Monster took her fandom for the Jim Henson-created characters to the next level. She actually walked the carpet of the 2009 VMAs with Kermit.
WOULD WATCH. Other pop-star/kid-show holiday special mash-ups I would watch: Liam Gallagher and Dora the Explorer; Kanye West and the cast of Ghostwriter; David Bowie and Rikki Tikki Tavi.[MTV]
Former child star and current 27 year old Charlotte Church has some harsh criticism for the "culture of demeaning women in pop music."
Talking about her own experience early in her career, she said: "There was a big clamor to cover my breasts as they wanted to keep me as young as possible. Then it became, 'You should definitely get them out, they look great.'"
Church also said she was pressured into dressing provocatively for music videos, which still affects her. "Whilst I can't defer all the blame away from myself, I was barely out of my teenage years, and the consequence of this portrayal of me is that now I am frequently abused on social media," she told the festival. "Now I find it difficult to promote my music where it would be best suited."
Um, can everyone please leave Charlotte Church's breasts alone? Please? [Billboard]
- Beyonce has a secret plan to KILL ALL FOES. [NYDN]
- Miley Cyrus is #1. [Variety]
- Idris Elba says he's tried every drug. [E!]
- Aw, this is sad. This guy who was on Catfish (I remember this episode—he was sweet) died of a pulmonary embolism. [People]
- A picture of Ryan Reynolds. [E!]
- Tom Hanks helped Matthew McConaughey lose weight. [People]
- Timbaland's wife has filed for divorce, citing "irreconcilable leaving-without-a-dope-beat-to-step-to." [TMZ]
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner were spotted at a 21+ "voyeuristic nudity club," so. [Extra]
- This Joe Rogan superfan just challenged me to fight Joe Rogan in "the octagon," so if you need me ahahahahahaahahahasaahahsdlkjafhsldfkjasdlfkjashdfk.
- NEIL DIAMOND WEEK CONTINUES I TOLD YOU BITCHEZ I WOULDN'T LIE ABOUT NEIL
Images via Getty.