A 5.1 earthquake rocked the city of Los Angeles yesterday evening and celebrities from Ariana Grande to Amber Riley to Steve Martin took to their Twitters to document the event, reminding us that there are very few variations in response to an earthquake, but that no matter what Chord Overstreet (miss you on Glee!) puts on Twitter, he will always get more retweets than we will.
Steve Martin: I felt the earth move under my feet. Los Angeles earthquake.
Ariana Grande: another eaAaaarrrthquake
Amber Riley: Didn't feel the earthquake, and I'm ok with that.
Eva Longoria: Ok I definitely felt that earthquake just now… #GottaLoveLA
Abigail Breslin: I refuse to contribute to the excessive amount of earthquake tweets… oh wait.
Michelle Trachtenberg: OMG!! Another #earthquake in LA….#ShakeRattleAndRoll
Chord Overstreet: Earthquake!!
Mandy Moore: Ok, felt that quake.
Glad everyone is okay! Especially Mandy Moore. Hurry up with that new album! [JustJared]
Selena Gomez has purchased her very own fortress of solitude which boasts five bedrooms and is only minutes away from what TMZ refers to as "The Kardashian Empire." According to TMZ, Gomez had only one request when looking for a mansion to call her very own: It couldn't be in Justin Bieber's old neighborhood. I hear you, Selena. There is nothing worse than running into your ex as you are running to the store for milk in your pajamas. [TMZ]
- Christina Aguilera is expecting a baby girl! Congratulations, Xtina! [Life&Style]
- Megan Hilty is also pregnant. Smashing! [Us]
- Here's the poster for Palo Alto, a film based on the book by James Franco and (naturally) starring James Franco. The film (never call it a movie! This is James Franco we're talking about here!) is the directing debut of Gia Coppola, who was offered the job while she and Franco were just hanging out. Celebrities: They're not like us at all. [ONTD]
- Burger King has offered to cater Kanye West and Kim Kardashian's concept event based on a wedding. My invite hasn't arrived yet, but I will not be attending if Satisfries will be served. Satisfries are a disgusting sham and I don't care who knows it. [Dlisted]
- Selena Gomez had lunch with friends in Hollywood. Here are 27 pictures to prove it, your honor. [JustJared]
- Josh Hutcherson really loves football. [Twitter]
- Ashlee Simpson went to the beach with Diana Ross earlier this week. Yesterday, she was photographed walking to her office. What does it say about me that I have a harder time believing Ashlee Simpson has an office than the fact that she cavorts in the ocean with Diana Ross? Why do I have the sudden urge to listen to "Autobiography" on repeat until someone makes me stop? [JustJared]
- Kim Zolciak is done with the haters. [HipHollywood]
- Nick Cannon gave Mariah Carey a very expensive bracelet that looks like it came from Claire's. [Life&Style]
- Ken Burns made a short film about Eugene Mirman. (It is an ad for film school.) [Pajiba]
- Lady Gaga wore a thing with a veil and flowers. [E!]
- Kenya Moore called the cops to the Real Housewives Of Atlanta reunion taping after she and Porsha Williams got into a physical altercation. [HipHollywood]
- Jesse McCartney wore Ugg boots and a onesie to the store. [Us]
- Sally Field continues making us really like her. [TowleRoad]
- Secrets of the KimYe Vogue photoshoot revealed: North didn't wear any makeup, contouring was verboten, and Kanye was very involved with how Kim looked. Quelle surprise. [Life&Style]
You guys remember SNICK? Who else misses Roundhouse?
Image via Shutterstock.