A lengthy, detailed blind item over at Radar Online alleges that a "world-famous actress" (not pictured) overdosed on a drug-and-booze combination, and her seizure was caught on video. She's still alive, and the clip is being presented in court as part of a child custody battle. Eesh.
The site declines to name the actress, which has turned the post into a celebrity guessing game. Here's what we do know:
- She is a "world-famous" actress
- She is a "middle-aged Hollywood figure who has won major international awards"
- She is "one of the most recognizable faces to appear on the silver screen"
- She has starred in "dozens" of films
- She has children — plural
- She has an "estranged partner" who is a man
- "She would always talk about killing herself… She knows she will die young like her mother," says an assistant
- "The actress lost custody of her children following a nuclear confrontation with her partner around the same time as the overdose. She is still fighting to regain some custodial rights"
Over at ONTD and Crazy Days and Nights, readers are ruling out Halle Berry, Sharon Stone and Catherine Zeta-Jones, whose mothers are still alive. Jenna Jameson is the best guess, but silver screen? Really?
Washing Xanax, Vicodin and Ambien down with eight bottles of champagne sounds fairly horrifying, but salacious blind items are more fun when there are no kids involved. Sigh. Where's Ted Casablanca when you need him?