Apparently, the producers of Games of Thrones — a popular television program about dragons, incest and chopping people up — wanted Lily Allen to have a cameo as the sister of Theon (whom her brother, Alfie Allen, plays). There was a little catch though, which is that THEON FINGERS HIS SISTER ON A HORSE. So Lily Allen respectfully declined.
In a Reddit AMA, a fan asked her how she feels about the fact that her brother "got a job on the coolest show on tv??" Allen responded:
I've been asked to do a Game of Thrones cameo, they asked me if I'd be interested in playing Theon's sister, and I felt uncomfortable because I would have had to go on a horse and he would have touched me up and shit. Once they told me what was entailed, I said no thanks. I would be open to doing a musical cameo like Sigur Ros, though.
I want to know whose job it was to explain the role to her and why they thought it was a good idea. "Lily Allen, we would love to have you on the program. Ok, so, as you know, the fans are all really into incest and dragons, and we thought it would be pretty cool if we gave them one of those things IRL, and, you know, we don't have access to any living dragons..." [Billboard]
Time to update your sad Drake mood board: he and Rihanna have broken up, again. According to a source: "Rihanna and Drake had another fight. He is too in love with her, which has always been the problem." ♪ I want you to staaaaaaayyy ♫ :'( [Us Weekly]
Robin Thicke has apparently written a "sorry that I'm horrible" song, addressed at his ex-wife Paula Patton. It's entitled "Get Her Back," and he will perform it at the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday.
Sample lyrics: "I should've kissed you longer/I should've held you stronger." and "I gotta get her, go get her back/I gotta treat her right/I gotta cherish her for life." Lol good luck with that one, buddy. [TMZ]
- Blessed be: witch queen Stevie Nicks is almost done recording a solo album called "24 Karat Gold: Songs From the Vault." It will include "lost and stray tracks that she's written and recorded through the years." [Billboard]
- Because every action has an equal and opposite reaction, this wondrous announcement occurred on the same day that youthful deviant Justin Bieber made a vine of himself headbanging to "Ironic" by Alanis Morissette. [Billboard]
- Stacey Dash, who played Dionne in Clueless, is in talks to become a regular network contributor at Fox News. [Billboard]
- Worst freshman art history major at the frat party James Franco plagiarized his nude paintings of Seth Rogen because of course he did. His excuse for doing so makes Shia LaBeouf seem down-to-earth and charming. [DListed]
- Also, James Franco says that the Spring Breakers sequel "will be a terrible film" and that everyone involved is "jumping on board a poison ship." That would actually be a very good plot for the movie. Spring Breakers 2: Poison Boat. [E!]
- Olivia Munn is dating the quarterback of the Green Bay Packers now. [E!]
- Miley Cyrus' knee looks like Seth Rogen in this one picture. TRUST ME, IT DOES. [E!]
- Oprah's TV network is planning a docu-series on Michael Sam, the first openly gay NFL player. If I even think about the video of him and his boyfriend kissing after he got drafted, I start weeping, so this will probably cause me to unleash a magical realism-style flood of tears upon my neighborhood. [HuffPo]
- Patrick Schwarzenegger is dating someone named TOOTSIE BURNS. This is even better than when Ireland Baldwin had a boyfriend named Slater Trout. [Just Jared]
- Gossip Cop says there is a 0% chance that Cher and Bruce Jenner have a secret romance going, thus ruining my entire week. Maybe my whole month, actually. [Gossip Cop]