Some reporter asked Angelina Jolie if she ever suffers from "mom guilt" like Chirlane McCray—because heaven forfend we interview a female celebrity without bringing up her womb—and she managed to dismiss the question, own her privilege, and stick up for low-income single moms.
The Hollywood superstar — and supermom — was asked about the First Lady's infamous "mom guilt" as she promotes her motherhood-themed new movie, "Maleficent," but promptly distanced herself from the stresses most parents feel.
"I'm not a single mom with two jobs trying to get by every day," she told the Daily News when asked about McCray's comments this week. "I have much more support than most people, most women in this world. And I have the financial means to have a home and health care and food.
"My kids, they're here upstairs," she added, pointing toward the ceiling of the hotel conference room where she was grilled by reporters.
She seems like a good lady. Also, JESUS CHRIST LOOK AT THAT PHOTO. [NYDN]
Gillian Jacobs is going to be on Girls.
Community star Gillian Jacobs has been tapped to leave her days of college hijinks behind, and move on to the hilarious and painfully realistic world of HBO's smash series Girls. Jacobs is the first of her study group to be cast as a recurring character in a new series since NBC canceled the cult series earlier this month.
Girls' star, creator, executive producer, and all around HBIC, Lena Dunham, confirmed the news Wednesday afternoon via Twitter. "It's true!" the actress tweeted. "The super-special Gillian Jacobs has joined us for Girls season 4. We are pretty lucky."
Pro! I'm pro. It'll be interesting to see her in something that's not as stylized as Community. [E!]
- Mark Wahlberg is in Australia. [JustJared]
- Amber Heard has like 47 different engagement rings. [People]
- All the Kardashians are in Paris freaking out about the nuptials. [E!] [People]
- Rachel Bilson "hides" her baby bump by just wearing an ordinary dress where you kind of can't see it because it's hella small still. Diabolical!!! [E!]
- Nikki Reed and her husband are getting divorced. [TMZ]
- Jason Segel wrote a children's book! [EW]
- Rita Ora is a bank-robbing lizard. [E!]
- Kirsten Dunst and Isla Fisher went shopping. [JustJared]
- Ron Goldman's sister thinks that Robert Kardashian Sr. disposed of the OJ Simpson murder weapon. [Radar]
- Elin Nordegren wants more kids. [DailyMail]
- Ireland Baldwin met Lorde. [JustJared]
- Police are investigating the murder of April Jace, who was apparently shot by her husband, actor Michael Jace, while their two small children were in home. This story is heartbreaking. Also, since she's being uniformly described in headlines as "Michael Jace's wife," I'd like to add: April Jace, April Jace, April Jace, April Jace, April Jace. [People]
- Jessica Simpson LETS HER BABY DRIVE A CAR. [E!]
Images via Getty.