DC Entertainment is pissed at Rihanna, due to a trademark claim. RiRi tried filing a trademark for her real first name—which is Robyn—about a year ago, in the hopes of using it to launch an online magazine. DC Comics thinks that Robyn is “virtually identical” to Robin, aka Batman’s crime-fighting sidekick, and “consumers are likely to be deceived,” and filed a formal complaint with the US Patent and Trademark office last week. DC also argued that a publication called Robyn “is likely to cause confusion, cause mistake, or to deceive the public.” What’s Robyn, the Swedish songstress and only person who comes to mind when I think of the name “Robyn” have to say about this? I also want to know more about Rihanna’s online magazine. I’d hope it would be a cross between Vogue and High Times.
Speaking of beef, it looks like Drake and Diddy have squashed theirs in order to make some scrilla. The two rappers, who previously brawled over Drake’s song, “0 to 100 / The Catch Up” recently met at Mel’s Drive-In to discuss forming a joint venture. The only thing I find suspicious about this is the fact that they met at Mel’s Drive-In. I hope they shared a plate of cheese fries.
Oops. Looks like Jay Z did actually donate to the Marina Abramović’s Institute. Someone just forgot to let her know. No word on how much Jay Z contributed to the performance artist’s organization, but a statement from the institute was released, apologizing to both the rapper and Marina Abramović. Show me the receipts! I wanna see the receipts!
- Aloha co-stars Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper pretend to fill out Tinder profiles for each other. Something about reptilian eyes. [People]
- Rebel Wilson is dating a comedian named Mickey Gooch. [Us Weekly ]
- Brody Jenner didn’t watch the Bruce Jenner special. [Perez Hilton]
- Joe Jonas saw a golden opportunity on this ad of Adam Levine. [E Online]
- Ireland Baldwin, who broke up with Angel Haze before entering rehab, is now dating a man she met during her stay there. [Just Jared]
- L.A. Reid says Mariah Carey’s song, “Infinity” won’t be a No. 1 hit and she should feel lucky to be on the radio at all, because radio doesn’t like olds. [E Online]
- Flipping Out is coming back to Bravo. [Reality Tea]
- Ashley Olsen’s battle with Lyme disease is not going well. [Radar Online]
- Verne Troyer chased after a TSA suspect at LAX on his scooter and filmed the excitement. [TMZ]
Images via Getty.
Contact the author at email@example.com.