Abby Lee Miller, star of Dance Moms, pled guilty this morning to bankruptcy fraud.
Now a convicted federal felon, Miller confessed to concealing roughly $755,000 during the Chapter 11 filing process. She also admitted to caching money in her luggage so that it would be undetected when she returned from a trip to Australia. She and her traveling companions stuffed $120,000 in cash into Ziploc bags, separating it into chunks less than $10,000, and then concealed the money in their suitcases.
Her sentencing date is set for October 11, 2016, though it may be adjusted after the ruling of a second bankruptcy fraud case currently before the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Generally those convicted serve 24 to 30 months in prison. Miller remains free on bond until she receives her sentence.
In a media statement, Miller’s lawyer wrote that the celebrity “appreciates the words of encouragement and support from around the world.”
In an interview with Time, Winona Ryder reflected on her teenage relationship with Johnny Depp and commented on recent accusations that he physically abused soon-to-be ex-wife Amber Heard. That Depp would be abusive is, to Ryder, “unimaginable.”
“I can only speak from my own experience, which was wildly different than what is being said,” she tells Time. “He was never, never that way towards me. Never abusive at all towards me. I only know him as a really good, loving, caring guy who is very, very protective of the people that he loves.”
Ryder is not, however, attempting to diminish Heard’s accusations.
“I wasn’t there. I don’t know what happened. I’m not calling anyone a liar. I’m just saying, it’s difficult and upsetting for me to wrap my head around it. Look, it was a long time ago, but we were together for four years, and it was a big relationship for me,” says Ryder. “Imagine if someone you dated when you were—I was 17 when I met him—was accused of that. It’s just shocking. I have never seen him be violent toward a person before.”
Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston continue their worldwide “We’re Dating” tour. Now the couple is in Italy, and it’s clear from Taylor’s expression that they want nothing more than privacy.
- Ray J’s manager, Wack 100, is deeply peeved that Kanye West included his client’s nude likeness in the video for “Famous.” [TMZ]
- Johnny Depp flexed his comedic muscles at Los Angeles’ The Comedy Store. [E! News]
- Brittney Griner and Glory Johnson have officially divorced after a short marriage that resulted in them each being arrested for domestic violence. [TMZ]
- Also in divorce news: Frances Bean Cobain has left her husband, and mother Courtney Love is cool with it. [TMZ]
- Celebrity Diane Kruger says her relationship with fellow celebrity Joshua Jackson has given her a “different perspective” on life. [People]
- Suge Knight was shot seven times at a 2014 party hosted by Chris Brown. He survived, and now he’s suing Chris Brown. [Page Six]
Images via Getty, Twitter.