Columbus Short will not be returning to Scandal. The actor, who has played Olivia Pope's main confidante and right-hand man, has been fired due to problems in his personal life, namely allegations that Short has been abusing his wife, Tanee McCall. Most recently, Short allegedly put a knife to McCall's throat and threatened to kill her because he suspected his wife of cheating. Not even Olivia Pope would find a way to defend that. There's no defense for physically and emotionally abusing another human being.
Short released the following statement on Friday:
"At this time I must confirm my exit from a show I've called home for 3 years, with what is the most talented ensemble on television today," Short said in the statement obtained by Entertainment Weekly.
"Everything must come to an end and unfortunately the time has come for (my character) Harrison Wright to exit the canvas."
McCall has filed for divorce from Short and has also filed a restraining order after the incident described above. She maintains that short has attacked her several times (at least once in front of their children) and is seeking full custody. Short has been violent with others as well, recently making headlines for punching a guest at an engagement party. What an awful situation. Here's hoping that McCall gets the help she needs and that Short gets the justice he deserves for his violent and abusive behavior. [NYDN]
Tori Spelling is receiving some criticism for going public with her marital problems. While some believe that the latest scandal in her marriage is staged, going public for Tori may mean something much different than going public for other celebrities. Especially since both Spelling and her husband Dean McDermott have had their entire relationship filmed and broadcast for viewing. At this point it may just be second nature for the couple. Here's hoping they can work this out in a way that's best for them and the kids [The Fishwrapper]
First Minnie Driver left Twitter due to mean comments about her weight (the fuck, Twitter?) and now Chrissy Teigen is lashing out at users of Twitter and Instagram (people who follow her!) for calling her fat and otherwise poking fun at her appearance.
Teigen posted the following rant after commenters inundated a photo she posted with such gems as " You gained weight?" and "Putting on that weight, Momma."
"Honestly f—k you all. Why do I even open anything up to you," she wrote after a photo collage of her on an MTV photo shoot sparked abusive tweets and Instagram comments. She rocked a crop top and skirt in the four-framed photo.
"In what other real life situation would you walk up to someone and tell them they're fat or gained weight? Seriously you are POS," she said.
She followed that up with this tweet: "I don't know why I am always surprised when you let me down. I gotta get used to this s—t."
A third tweet read: "It's amazing to me that I am told to get over the a—holes but the a—holes are never told to stop being pieces of s—t."
Teigen's absolutely right in that commenters wouldn't say these things if they knew Teigen personally or if they couldn't hide behind their anonymity. How much do you want to bet that if confonted by Teigen face-to-face, all they would be able to do is ask for an autograph and comment on how amazing she looks? Which she does. You can do better, internet commenters. If you wouldn't post "looking old, Grandma! Planning to kick it soon?" on a Facebook photo of your nana on vacation,maybe you should STFU about the weight of celebrities on your timeline.
- Souljaboy is petitioning for the return of Sizzurp, because thousands of people legitimately need promethazine codeine to get well and because he needs it to get "ill." According to Souljaboy, Sizzurp is the only way he can get to sleep on the road. Sorry, Souljaboy, you're going to have to take ZQuill and spend the entire night angry that that shit don't work, just like the rest of us.[TMZ]
- Dave Grohl says that Lorde may be the future of pop music. Yes! More oversized pink pantsuits with shoulder pads! [TMZ]
- Katy Perry may be on Tinder, so be careful before you swipe left. That aging stripper-clown may just be the singer in disguise. [Perez]
- Nicki Minaj is team Kenya. Well, that's one person. I am team "Phaedra's Pearls of Wisdom." [Perez]
- Here are all those photos of Ben Affleck's butt-crack you were waiting for. Sorry, they're so late! Affleck and his wife Jennifer Garner were snapped while on their way to a couples' massage. [Lainey Gossip]
- Shailene Woodley likes to pick wild leeks, is an Anthropologie catalogue come to life. [Celebitchy]
- Anne Hathaway wore a sweater with a message, alerting passerby that she was a no-smoking zone in several different languages. [JustJared]
- Cameron Diaz hasn't used anti-perspirant for 20 years because it's bad for you. If I followed the same logic, it would be bad for everyone else. [Celebitchy]
- Petals On the Wind is coming to your TV on May 26th. How did they make this movie so fast and will it feature the infamous whipping scene? [ONTD]
- Veruca Salt has reunited for a single and a mini-tour. I am going to listen to "Benjamin" on repeat and hope this means that Nina Gordon will release a new album soon. [ONTD]
Happy Saturday! Where were you when you heard "Tonight And the Rest of My Life" for the first time?
Lead image via Getty.