Cameron Diaz does not have any trust in the institution of monogamy but also doesn't seem too worried about it.
"Everyone has been cheated on, everyone will be cheated on," she told OK! UK. "I can't fix that, I don't know how, I don't have any judgment on anybody, I don't know how to fix the problem." She went on, "We are human beings, we are complicated -– you cannot go through life without tallying up a few scars, you cannot go through life unscathed, it's just what it is. It's all meant to happen, take your lessons, figure it out, move on."
So basically: "Love is a losing battle against your own personal emotional Ragnarok and the universe is utterly indifferent to you... but, whatever, fuck it, no judgment here." I'll take it! (Cameron Diaz should definitely follow up The Body Book with a nihilist dating advice manual.) [HuffPo]
J. Lo opened up about the motivation behind her recent (very man-objectifying) music video for "I Luh Ya PaPi"; she says it was meant to be "a funny, tongue-in-cheek version of... music videos [that objectify women], but still beautiful." She went on:
"Even though the treatment was the director's idea, when we were doing the scene where they wash the cars... the crew, the director — and he'll admit this too — and the guys who had to do it after one take were like, "Well I think that's enough. I think, you know, that's cool." I was like, "No!" Because if a girl were doing this right now, we'd be shooting it for an hour!... It's supposed to be funny, people have to get the joke, but they also have to see what it's like. How absurd it is to do things like that. I asked the guys, "You feel absurd right now? Yes? Good, then we're doing it right."
GET IT, J. LO (lots of more good stuff at the link). [ONTD]
Kate Winslet did all her own stunts for Divergent (while she was pregnant). Says Neil Burger, the film's director, "There is a scene where she fights Shailene [Woodley, the film's star] and she was like, you know, taking the falls and I'm like, 'Stop, you're pregnant.' But she was still wanting to do it with as much action. She's a committed actress and she's a committed mother, too. But she is just completely there, and you kind of just have to stop her."
As a testament to her utter bad-ass-ery, Kate Winslet later went on to give birth to a baby named BEAR. [People]
- John Travolta sent Idina Menzel a huge bouquet of flowers to apologize for messing up her name at the Oscars. [NY Daily News]
- Mary-Kate Olsen, fashion icon known for dressing like the Baba Yaga's cool and hot younger sister, says she feels like she just learned to brush her hair last week. [DListed]
- Selena Gomez and Zooey Deschanel enjoyed a ladies night; it was probably filled with hugs and vocal fries. [E!]
- January Jones says that if she could sleep with any celebrity, living or dead, she would pick Paul Newman or Rihanna. Extremely solid choices, January. [E!]
- Shakira's baby is better at the drums than I am. [HuffPo]
- Pamela Anderson says that her sons know about her sex tape, due to the "stupid internet." She adds, "I don't know why everyone is so impressed with it."("It" being the Internet, not her sex tape.) I would read Pamela Anderson's tech blog. [Gossip Cop]
- Emilia Clarke was so excited about Madonna's Daenerys costume. [Just Jared]
- That picture of Miley Cyrus rolling a joint was taken in Hanson's studio, and The Brothers Hanson are NOT happy about it — a reaction she should have been able to predict, because 2/3 of them have short hair now and they brew their own pale ale like v. chilled-out cool dads. [ONTD]
- Oprah worked with a master teaologist to brew her own chai tea blend ("Oprah Chai"), which will soon be sold at Starbucks. This is one of the most inevitable things to ever occur on earth. [People]
- Some dude from Fashion Police says it was totally ok that he said Elsa Pataky's pregnant stomach looked like "a beer belly." Uhhh. [ONTD]