Paris Hilton's singing career is still around. You may recall that it had slithered out of the ether last year, when she and Lil Wayne released a song about intoxication and butts. Now it has yielded a song about love and maybe orgasms, titled "Come Alive," with an accompanying video that is presumably set in Paris Hilton Paradise.
Evidence shows us that Paris's happy place is at Coachella, but, like, completely alone. Accordingly, the "Come Alive" video follows her as she traipses through some fields in ethereal music festival wear: several bedazzled leotards; at least one flower crown; large wings; etc. She looks like she's on her way to watch a choir of angels play some dubstep music off of their MacBook Pros professionally.
This video will mostly be remembered for the part in which Paris Hilton tenderly strokes a unicorn at the end of a rainbow. It is visual poetry.
In an interview describing the meaning of the video, she said, "I wanted it to be something that was very magical, ethereal, just very fantasy like, that's why I wanted to have a unicorn in it because I just think they're such beautiful, magical creatures." Can't argue with that! [Just Jared]
Leighton Meester wrote a thinkpiece about the feminist subtext Of Mice and Men, a play she's starring in with James Franco. Don't let the Franco association discourage you, though — it's really thoughtful, I think, and well-written. Here, a lil' snippet:
[W]hy is Curley's wife's presence so disturbing? And why does the audience agree? It's the subconscious and inflammatory nature of Steinbeck's writing that makes the viewer join in on the bashing of this woman, punish her existence, snicker at her mishaps. The genius and relevancy behind Steinbeck's mission in writing this piece is that, to this day, it forces you to see yourself, to expose the depth of your own intolerance, prejudice, cruelty, and naiveté.
GET IT, BLAIR WALDORF! You can read the whole thing at the Huffington Post, if you would like. [HuffPo]
When asked why she's switched from film to TV, Viola Davis gave a wonderful answer: "I think people migrate towards material, especially after they reach a certain age, certain hue, certain sex. And I have to say, and I will be bold enough to say, that I have gotten so many wonderful film roles, but I've gotten even more film roles where I haven't been the show. It's like I've been invited to a really fabulous party, only to hold up the wall." A+++++. [E!]
- Zayn from One Direction made his Instagram public. Praised be this glorious day. [ONTD]
- "Lindsay Lohan Breaks a Record and Looks Good for the Second Time This Month" is a headline someone put on the Internet :( [E!]
- Here's a video of Cara Delevingne lip-syncing to J. Lo feat. LL Cool J. [YouTube]
- The Jonas Brothers are NOT reuniting. I'm sorry. Throw out all the celebratory crafts you made upon hearing the rumor that they were getting back together and incinerate your vision board. [Gossip Cop]
- Prince George has been voted the celebrity toddler with the best hair. Enjoy it while it lasts, man. [Hello]
- Bradley Cooper and his girlfriend Suki Waterhouse HELD HANDS!!!!!!!!!!! [Just Jared]
- Icona Pop say that they sometimes write songs in the toilet. Who doesn't? [Page Six]
- Here's Amal Alamuddin's Lawyer Graduation photo, in which she's wearing one of those old-timey wigs because apparently they make you do that in the U.K. I wish the U.S. had more wig-traditions. [Page Six]
- A "leaked email" from the woman who oversees the castle at which Kimye honeymooned shows that they wanted a big-ass TV and lots of DVDs, which Radar deems "anything but romantic." HOW DO YOU KNOW. THEY COULD HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE NOTEBOOK AND HAVING TANTRIC SEX. [Radar]
- Many of you have been curious how much money Kim Kardashian, specifically, stands to make from her video game. The answer is 45% of net profits. She is a genius businesswoman. [TMZ]