Despite the fact that it is ultimately about a man’s dream being destroyed, this story absolutely delights me. Do you remember a few months ago when it was rumored that Bradley Cooper was desperate to cast Beyoncé Knowles in his directorial debut: a remake of the remake of the remake of A Star Is Born? (It’s OK if you don’t.) Well, it’s his dream, you see? Bradley Cooper wants nothing more than to direct a remake of the remake of the remake of A Star Is Born.
First there were rumors she had been cast. Then Cooper denied it. But today, in this glorious Page Six story, we have learned that Beyoncé is almost definitely out. Why? Because they can’t afford her. She’s just too big of a star.
One Hollywood source tells Page Six, “Beyoncé wanted too much money, and Warner Bros. balked at her price.”
In other words, if you pay her good she’ll take her ass to your soundstage. If not:
Whether or not Cooper’s baby will be made at all depends on who you ask. One source told Page Six it has completely “fallen apart,” and another says it’s merely “gone on the back burner.” But I’m more inclined to believe the former. Cooper seems so passionate about this project (which is already funny), that I doubt he’d settle for second best.
Who do you hire to replace Beyoncé? A Star Is Born starring Taylor Swift? A Star Is Born starring Rihanna? Don’t get me wrong, I’d see both of those movies, but would they be any good?
Goldie Hawn has joined Instagram, and her first post is a video of herself doing jumping jacks while watching CNN, aka it’s exactly what I dreamed it would be.
- Here’s a very good example of Radar Online making a mountain out of a molehill. [Radar Online]
- I wonder if People will change their headline (“Kim Richards on Relationship with Kim Richards and Entering Rehab”) before you click this. [People]
- Kristin Wiig once made John Goodman feel as small as an “atom.” [People]
- Many people are not interested in Sophia Bush’s political opinions, and I am one of those people. [Us Weekly]
- Ariel Winter is #TeamKim. [Us Weekly]
- Pink is #TeamBette? Maybe? Who knows. [Us Weekly]
Contact the author at email@example.com.
Images via Getty / Screengrab