In what is surely the most significant event of our time, Beyoncé and Kim Kardashian ran into each other at the dermatologist in LA while a normal looked on and acted as scribe. It was an icy encounter.
According to the eyewitness, Kim "seemed so excited to see Beyoncé and was really eagerly going over to her." However, "Beyoncé wanted nothing to do with Kim and was really trying to stay away from her." She reportedly asked some desultory questions about Baby North but did not care. (Other potential topics of conversation they could have had: "How was your Vogue cover? Good? Same."; "Tom Ford, am I right?"; "Hey, have you heard of that new band, 5 Seconds of Summer? Do you think they all hate Mikey, secretly?")
According to ANOTHER source, Kim Kardashian then "made sure that she had the exact same procedures that Beyoncé had," i.e., fillers and Botox. I don't know if that's really copying her, per se, because those are very standard procedures. That's like saying, "Kim Kardashian ran into Beyoncé at a Chipotle and TRIED TO BECOME HER by ordering a burrito bowl with extra guacamole." Anyway. Such intrigue. [Radar]
Emma Stone gushed about Jennifer Lawrence to The Stylist — which is really wonderful, because I could understand how it might be competitive having to vie for the role of America's Next Top Kooky Sweetheart:
She is so inspiring to me, and I am so grateful that she exists in the world, as someone who is authentic and who has not bent to fit any idea of what a woman should be like in that kind of position. And she is so talented. I am just so happy that she is around for women everywhere. It's just fantastic.
She later said, "I am so grateful to be a woman. I am so glad to be a woman," adding, "I think the tide is turning and there are so many brave, authentic, strong and funny and vulnerable and exciting women in every industry right now... it's an exciting and important time to be a woman, and to take pride in our gender." PREACH. [Stylist]
Aaaand Kirsten Dunst continues to vocalize her misguided thoughts on gender and stuff. In a recent interview with W, she discussed sexual exploitation in the industry. When asked if she ever felt pressured by directors, she responded, "No [laughs]. I don't give off that vibe. I think you have to court that stuff, and to me it's crossing a boundary that would hinder the trust in your working relationship." Kirsten. Noooooo. That is not how it works. [DListed]
- Apparently some sad people on the Internet believe that Kim Kardashian is involving us all in a National Treasure-style intrigue and her outfit choices will reveal who designed her wedding dress. This is the worst rumor ever. [Perez Hilton]
- Joan Rivers says Gwyneth Paltrow "has a stick up her rear end." Idk, maybe, is that some kind of new holistic thing? [Gossip Cop]
- Failed Justin Bieber clone Cody Simpson says that "surfboard" is his thing, but Beyoncé can have it too: "I've been writing about surfboards my whole life." Whatever, Cody. [MTV]
- Cara Delevingne posted some sneak previews of the new YSL beauty campaign, feat. her and Jourdan Dunn. They both look soooooo cool. [ONTD]
- This one website is trying to turn a mild Lorde-related Twitter exchange between Lana Del Rey's dad and a friend into a LORDE VS. LANA'S DAD BLOOD FEUD, which is sort of fun because it's very unexpected. [The Hollywood Gossip]
- Victoria Beckham celebrated Victoria Beckham's Birthday by lounging on David Beckham's bare chest, as one does. [Just Jared]
- Here's a pic of Baby North West wearing lil tiny angel wings :') [People]