This entire conversation is so fucking gross. Barbara Walters announced on The View today that she's spent, like, a bunch of time around Woody Allen and his daughters and he is "as sensitive, and as loving and as caring" a father as she's ever seen. And also the statute of limitations has run out, so nya nya.
"I know Mia, I have a good relationship with her," Walters explained. "But I've been with Woody many times with his two daughters, he's got almost a twenty-year-old marriage…I have rarely seen a father as sensitive, and as loving and as caring as Woody is to his daughters. I don't know about Dylan, I can only tell you about what I've seen now, that it's a good marriage and that he's a loving, caring father."
"She has nothing to gain in coming out and saying this" Jenny McCarthy countered.
"Supposedly, she's very angry," Walters responded. "But she's doing it now because he's up for an award, so the question is does your personal life interfere with the award?"
Guest panelist Dana Loesch thought maybe it was the best time to divert attention.
"Or maybe it's because he's up for an award!" Walters interjected sharply.
Yes. Because no abuser has ever been charismatic, talented, and well-liked by his friends. Congratulations to Sherri Shepherd, Jenni McCarthy, and Dana Loesch (!?!?!!?!?!?!?) for looking like paragons of reason compared to Barbara Fucking Walters. [TheWrap]
In other [PROLONGED PAINFUL FOAMING VOMIT NOISE], Stephen King thought there was a "palpable bitchery" to Dylan Farrow's vulnerable, harrowing descriptions of her own child abuse.
I hate everything.
Philip Seymour Hoffman had reportedly been kicked out of his apartment by his girlfriend because of his heroin abuse.
"It was known that he was struggling to stay sober, and [girlfriend Mimi O'Donnell] had given him some tough love and told him he needed some time away from the kids and to get straight again," a Hollywood source said.
The troubled screen and stage star began renting a tony $9,800-a-month pad on Bethune Street in Greenwich Village — fewer than three blocks from the home he'd shared with O'Donnell and their three young kids — around three months ago, neighbors said.
He was found dead of an apparent heroin overdose in his apartment Sunday morning.
"He was apparently in the throes of a major heroin addiction'' when he died, a law-enforcement source said, adding that there didn't appear to be another woman in the actor's life.
So completely heartbreaking. [PageSix]
And here's a dark, affecting portrait of Hoffman taken just a few weeks before his death. [People]
- Kristin Scott Thomas is quitting the movies because she's bored. [IndieWire]
- Timbaland says he's working on a new Jodeci album. I ACCEPT. [Complex]
- Game of Thrones recast Daario Naharis with Nashville's Michiel Huisman and everyone's mad because he doesn't have Daario's signature three-pronged blue goatee or whatever, but come on, you guys. You know Dany wanting to have sex with this guy was pretty much the most far-fetched plot point in all of the books and that INCLUDES DRAGONS. Just let them cast a sexy grizzler instead so shit makes sense. You'll live. [BuzzFeed]
- Kim Kardashian will NOT be on the cover of Vogue EVER. [Us]
- Yolanda Foster's daughter is going to be in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. [Twitter]
- A judge wants Chris Brown to stay in treatment. [AP]
- Cameron Diaz designed these shoes for you. [People]
- LENA DUNHAM SAID THAT HOWARD STERN LOOKS LIKE A CARTOON OF A JEWISH FEMALE HORSE. [E!]
- Wait, Sean Penn is dating Charlize Theron? How is it possible that I do this every single day and still miss celebrity butt-touchings of that magnitude? [Us]
- Everything's pretty garbagey today but at least we have live kitten cam.