Gia Allemand, who appeared on the 14th season of the Bachelor, was pronounced dead today after being taken off life support. Her death was an apparent suicide. She was discovered Monday night by her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson. She was 29.
Her boyfriend, NBA player Ryan Anderson, discovered her at her home on Monday night and called 911, according to a statement released by Allemand's rep on behalf of her family, who previously confirmed that she was found after an apparent suicide attempt.
Sadly, Allemand's attempt proved successful. Doctors withdrew life support after determining that she had suffered a critical loss of brain and organ function.
Sources told E! News that Allemand and Anderson had been having problems with their relationship, but they were still together at the time of her death.
Deepest condolences to everyone who knew her. [E!]
Kate Gosselin says she's pinching pennies these days, because it turns out that "former reality star with a bunch of kids and an unappealing personality" isn't technically a job.
The former reality show diva and star of “Jon & Kate Plus 8” admits in a new People cover story that she is “living very carefully these days” by “piecing and patching together” income from several projects.
...Although she’s having trouble finding work, the former nurse confesses that her own behavior is partly to blame. "I made so many mistakes, of course.”
Life has been a “roller coaster” ride for Kate and her brood. We were struggling, then we were doing really well, then it all fell apart, and now we have a so-called ‘normal’ life… They’ve [the kids] seen that through it all, we’ve dealt with it, survived it, and we keep on going.”
Idea for "former nurse" Kate Gosselin. How about "current nurse"? [Extra]
Andy Cohen says he won't be co-hosting the Miss Universe pageant this year because it's slated to take place in virulently anti-gay Russia.
The Watch What Happens Live star told his friend and pageant cohost of the past two years, E! News' Giuliana Rancic, that he turned it down because he's "concerned for his safety."
"The law is that anyone under suspicion of homosexuality can be arrested," he told Rancic, adding that he "didn't feel right as a gay man stepping foot into Russia."
Ugh. I don't give a shit about the Miss Universe pageant, but get your shit together, Russia. [E!]
Did everyone see this idiotic shit Kal Penn posted today in support of stop-and-frisk?
@CWmsWrites and who, sadly, commits & are victims of the most crimes?— Kal Penn (@kalpenn) August 13, 2013
Oh, honey, no.
- Man, Rosario Dawson is hella adorable all the time. [JustJared]
- Do you think Hayden Panettiere gets bummed out about not being Kristen Bell? [JustJared]
- Happy 30th, Mila Kunis! [E!]
- Did Amanda Seyfried and Jonathan Rhys Meyers eat sexual dinner together in London? Ready, set, CARE! [E!]
- "Details" about Robert Pattinson's single life: he's "low-key" and he "does not have a lot of furniture." [E!]
- Liam Hemsworth says that he and Josh Hutcherson first bonded when they projectile-vomited White Castle burgers together. Like two tousle-haired ground beef firehoses. [Us]
- Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez are in a fight maybe. [ContactMusic]
- Rough headline today. Let's just end with a kitten.