It is rumored that Lady Gaga has shot a music video for her new single with the cast of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, finally understanding that in this day and age the real artists are the Real Housewives (sry, Jeff Koons).
Gaga is apparently a Real Housewives connoisseur: she recently told Andy Cohen that she likes "all the cities," of which there are roughly 45. No word on why she chose Beverly Hills over Atlanta, but I think we can all agree that this is the best music video concept to ever spawn forth from a pop star's consciousness.
Anyway, in other news, the plot thickens re: her ill-fated "Do What U Want" video, which was meant to feature R Kelly and which has still not come out. My guess is that she wants to distance herself from R Kelly as much as possible — which, fine, but too little too late. [Us]
To all the tabloids that will inevitably report that Jennifer Aniston spent her 45th birthday ALONE, WITHOUT JUSTIN THEROUX: cool it, guys. She was busy hanging out with Gloria Steinem and poking fun at everyone's deranged patriarchal expectations, which is a great way to spend one's birthday.
"The public has a great interest in our personal lives," said Aniston at the Makers Conference yesterday. "[As women] our value and our worth is basically associated with our marital status or whether or not we have procreated." To which Steinem responded, "Well, I guess we're in deep shit!" [People]
Patrick Dempsey is on the cover of Architectural Digest. This is a real quote from the article: "'It's fun here,' Dempsey said of the Frank Gehry-designed home on 3.24 acres, which he bought for $7 million." It's pretty ok being covered in these diamonds. This pile of money is kinda sweet, I guess. Here's a video tour of the home. [Page Six]
Nazanin Boniandi from Homeland is going to have a major arc on season 3 of Scandal. Appropriately for both shows, her role is currently top-secret. [Hollywood Reporter]
- Taylor Swift got a haircut and you will not believe how many "articles" were written about it. [E!]
- "Khloe Kardashian Was Not Smoking Weed in the Club, But She Was Twerking." What a fucking sentence that is. [E!]
- A "spy" reports that Orlando Bloom was trying to go incognito in a fedora at a Purple magazine party. THERE IS NO INCOGNITO IN A FEDORA, ORLANDO. [Page Six]
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West want to build a Hall of Mirrors in their new apartment, thus uniting the pair's two major loves — their love for fancy crap and their love for themselves — in perfect harmony. [Radar]
- Jared Leto trimmed his beard but blessedly kept his flowing ombre mane. [People]
- The Internet made up that Chelsea Clinton is pregnant. [Radar]
- Kate Middleton borrowed a giant diamond necklace from Queen Elizabeth, which must have left her in a state of unmitigated terror all night. What if she spilled ranch dip on it? [DListed]
- Michael Jordan and his wife are now the parents of twin girls. Congratulations to them! [NY Daily News]
- Britney Spears was maybe caught lip-synching; I think it's about time that we admit to ourselves that most all pop stars lip-sync all the time and it's part and parcel of the postmodern condition. [Radar]