Anne Hathaway decided to weigh in on the Jennifer Lawrence-Golden Globes non-controversy. In a Facebook post, Hathaway, who identified herself as “a J-Law fan,” defended Lawrence who was recently criticized for being rude after she scolded a journalist in a post-Globes press conference.
“Dear the Internet, It’s become pretty clear that the Jennifer Lawrence ‘scolding’ was taken out of context and that she was dryly joking with a journalist who was indeed using his phone to take photos of her,” Hathaway wrote.
“Let’s not continue the sad but common practice of building people — especially women — up just to viciously tear them down when we perceive them to have misstepped,” she added. Hathaway clearly felt very passionate about the incident, adding “Jennifer is a beautiful, talented, wildly successful, popular, FOUR TIME OSCAR NOMINATED young woman. Please let us not punish her for these things.”
Unsurprisingly unable to resist a hashtag, Hathaway signed off: #supportstrongwomen #imwithher #whycantwegiveloveonemorechance.
Okay. [Huffington Post]
Can’t believe I missed the 15th anniversary of Lizzie McGuire. Hillary Duff took a moment to remember the very excellent show:
The funeral for Céline Dion’s husband, René Angélil, will be held Friday, January 22 at the same church where he and Dion were married. His obituary reads:
“According to his final wishes, his funeral will be held at Notre-Dame Basilica in Montreal, where 21 years ago, he chose to marry the one who will remain as the great love of his life, the artist for which he had the most respect, the woman who gave him light and happiness until his very last breath.”
- It took Lip Sync Battle over a year of planning to get Beyonce on the show. [The Hollywood Reporter]
- In the battle between rappers, President Obama thinks Kendrick Lamar would beat Drake. [Huffington Post]
- Saved by the Bell’s Dustin Diamond began a four-month prison sentence in Wisconsin. [Page Six]
- Speaking of prison, Teresa Giudice has traded jail for the red carpet. [Us Weekly]
- Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez are. [NYDN]
Image via AP.