SCAH-REW YEW, TERRY RICHARDSON. Nicki Minaj's "Anaconda" has officially overtaken Miley Cyrus's Terry Richardson-directed "Wrecking Ball" as the video with the most views in its first 24 hours.
Nicki Minaj's viral "Anaconda" music video has broken the record for the most views in 24 hours, snagging the top spot from Miley Cyrus, who previously held the record for her single "Wrecking Ball" (coincidentally, the two will be seated next to each other at the upcoming MTV Video Music Awards and Cyrus even Photoshopped herself on the artwork for Minaj's single).
Music video website Vevo announced the news on Twitter today, revealing that the "Anaconda" music video has been viewed 19.6 million times in just 24 hours when compared to Cyrus' previous record of 12.3 million video views.
Clearly, Minaj was ecstatic upon hearing the news, taking to Twitter to share her excitement in addition to Instagramming a screengrab of one of Vevo's tweets, which cleverly included the phrase "A$$mazing."
For it. [E!]
- BARF, E!: Selena Gomez "skips bra, flashes perky cleavage." [E!]
- Derek Hough was supportive of his sister Julianne's new job as a judge on DWTS. [People]
- "Inside Jill Dillard's pregnancy." Nah, I'll just wait out here. [People]
- Britney Spears ice bucket bleep blorp. [JustJared]
- Police are investigating Steve-O for defacing a Sea World sign in protest of animal cruelty. [TMZ]
- Stacy Keibler birthed a girl! [Extra]
- Chris Martin wears a "fat suit," sort of. (Is that what you think fat people look like?) [JustJared]
- Something about Iggy Azalea. [MTV]
- Julianne Moore rules, as usual. [People]
- Ryan Seacrest and his girlfriend did romance. [Us]
- Scott Weiland didn't get arrested. It was actually fake Scott Weiland. [CNN]
- LOOK AT JENNY SHIMIZU AND HER NEW WIFE UNLESS YOU HATE PEOPLE WHO ARE AMAZING. [JanetCharlton]