WOW, CAN YOU BELIEVE THE NERVE: according to an exclusive Daily Mail report, Amal Alamuddin "blew off" George Clooney's family reunion in Kentucky — even though his parents literally just got the house repainted — because she had other plans (doing international human rights stuff, saving the world or whatever).
The Daily Mail reports that Clooney's extended family was "disappointed" when he showed up at the reunion without Amal. Says a cousin of George's, "When he came in the front door, I was looking around asking 'Where is she?' ... He explained that she's a lawyer and apparently she's across the sea somewhere working on a case, off saving the world. It was a shame because I would have liked to have met her."
A few days after the reunion, Alamuddin attended the global summit to End Sexual Violence in Conflict at ExCeL London, which was probably NOT freshly repainted for the occasion. Smh. The nerve. [Daily Mail]
Alan Cumming, who yesterday picked the absolute worst time to tweet a photo of himself and Terry Richardson grinning and wearing each other's glasses, apologized for doing so: "I had absolutely no idea about the controversy and feel bad for not having been appraised of it." He has since deleted both tweets. [ONTD]
Katy Perry bleached her eyebrows off :( Through what depraved machinations is the Illuminati making this a trend? [Page Six]
- Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber are dating again and still in love :-| This proves that love is blind and also does not read TMZ, I guess. [E!]
- Cara Delevingne got a white tattoo instructing her to "breathe deep" upon her upper arm. [E!]
- I have managed to make it this far in my life without ever listening to a Lady Antebellum song because I have a very visceral reaction to the idea that someone actually named their band "Lady Antebellum," but their new music video stars Kate Upton and Tony Hale. [Gossip Cop]
- Ryan Murphy gave a self-deprecating speech about Internet hate after winning the Critics' Choice Genius Award. He's probably talking about all those tweets I sent after he let my least favorite contender win the Glee Project in which I called him the devil. [Gossip Cop]
- Zachary Quinto was photographed filming Girls. HBO will not reveal any details about his character, but, based on my past experiences with the television program, I think it's safe to assume that he will play an irritating Brooklynite. [EW]
- Here is a lengthy piece pondering whether the tampon scene will be in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. You're welcome!!! [MTV]
- Wonderful humans Ilana Glazer and Abbi Jacobson of Broad City say they are "totally" feminists. Bless. [Pop Sugar]