Oh my gaaaaahhhhhd, nothing tangles my heartstrings like the crippling stage fright of Jonathan Knight! NOTHING. Listen. I'm not saying that I'm literally crying about Jon Knight's crippling stage fright, but I'm not not saying that I'm not crying. A little bit. Or something.
About a half-hour into New Kids on the Block's concert at New York City's iHeart Radio Theater, Jordan Knight's big brother appeared to tense up and then he walked off the stage when the group launched into "Survive You."
"He gets emotional!" Joey McIntyre said, putting an arm around Jon as the 44-year-old-who has publicly discussed anxiety issues in the past-started to sing along but couldn't get the words out.
"Come on, Jon!" Jordan encouraged his bro.
"Jon, these people paid thousands of dollars for these tickets, for one reason," Donnie Wahlberg joked. "They heard that you [were] singin' on this record. That lady in the front, she said, 'Look at me, I turned in my kids' college fund to be here to watch Jon sing.'"
"And Jon says," Jordan said, resuming the song, "Don't say a word..."
Jon laughed along with his buddies, but he ultimately shook his head and left the stage.
"Poor Jon, " Donnie smiled as they all attempted to smooth over the situation for the bewildered fans.
Jon, apparently feeling bad about not being able to hang tough, took to Twitter shortly afterward for a simple, "I'm sorry......"
Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyy gaaaaahhhhhhhddddddd. Also, just throwing this out there, odd career path for Jon. Odd. Also, shut up, Donnie. [E!]
Wesley Snipes is out of prison!
Snipes was convicted in 2008 on tax charges. He was released Tuesday. A Bureau of Corrections spokeswoman said Friday he'll be overseen by the New York Community Corrections Office until July 19.
The 50-year-old actor has appeared in dozens of films, from "White Men Can't Jump" and "Demolition Man" in the early 1990s to the blockbuster "Blade" trilogy. He entered the McKean federal prison in December 2010 to begin a three-year sentence for failure to file income tax returns.
Snipes belonged to a group that challenged the government's right to collect taxes. U.S. prosecutors say he failed to file returns for at least a decade and owed millions of dollars in back taxes.
Snipes had appealed in an Atlanta court, saying he didn't get a fair trial.
Hello again, sir. [AP]
Drew Barrymore doesn't think women can have it all.
The actress/producer claims she's had to give up "so much" since giving birth to Olive last September. But she wouldn't trade the time with her daughter for anything.
"Things have to go and that's unfortunate," the new mom told Us Weekly at Lucky Magazine's Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference in Beverly Hills, Calif., on Thursday, April 4. "There's sometimes things you've invested a lot of time into or cared so much about, and you get to the precipice and you're like, 'I can't do it,' because I won't do everything else well or I will miss out on this or I need to be over here now...I think it's a lot about sacrifice."
"I know it seems like I do everything, but there's so much I had to give up," she continued. "And I'm glad I did. I still think about it all the time, but you start to really get instinctual about the right thing to do."
Hey, if we women are busy giving up stuff right now, can I go ahead and give up this tired dichotomy about having "it all" vs. not having "it all"? Because thx. [Us]
- OMG, Fergie looks so adorable and happy and pregnant. [Us]
- Justin Theroux and Jennifer Aniston went outside. [JustJared]
- Apparently Katy Perry has a subset of cat-themed superfans? Anyway, Russell Brand "loves" them. [E!]
- Chris Brown smiled and snuggled with Mark Geragos following his probation hearing. Imagine that mustache just chimney-sweeping the top of your head. [E!]
- Selena Gomez is the latest victim of "SWATing." Good prank! Squandering limited emergency resources needed for actual victims is hilarious. I hope an old lady died somewhere while all the cops were at Selena Gomez's house!!! Lololoololol! [TMZ]
- Here's Brandi Glanville doing yoga in a park. [TMZ]
- Eric Benet has a "nice" message for ex Halle Berry. You're welcome to click through to the video and find out what it is. I didn't. [TMZ]
- Nicole Richie and Jessica Alba went to St. Barths together. [E!]
- Haha, these spiders shut down a water park! [DigitalSpy]
- OH HI, LITTLE DUDE. [ZooBorns]