Glee star and "Frankenteen" Cory Monteith, who's previously been open about his troubled past as a delinquent teenager, has checked into rehab for substance abuse. His rep confirms to People: "[Monteith] has voluntarily admitted himself to a treatment facility for substance addiction [...] He graciously asks for your respect and privacy as he takes the necessary steps towards recovery."
Monteith, now 30, began drinking at age 13 and went to rehab for the first time at 19, after three years of "doing every and any [drug], as much as possible" and stealing a large amount of money from a family member. (He's previously said of his troubles: "I don't want kids to think it's okay to drop out of school and get high, and they'll be famous actors, too.")
Lea Michele, Monteith's girlfriend and Glee co-star, has issued an official statement:
"I love and support Cory and will stand by him through this," she tells PEOPLE exclusively. "I am grateful and proud he made this decision."
And so has Fox:
"Cory is a beloved member of the Glee family and we fully support his decision to seek treatment. Everyone at the show wishes him well and looks forward to his return."
Now that your boyfriend Ryan Gosling has quit acting, he has all the time in the world to nearly come to blows with strangers over Eva Mendes' honor.
We're told the pair, in town for the premiere of their new movie, "The Place Beyond the Pines," were at the Bowery Hotel Friday when a fashion photographer who had recently shot Mendes saw her and shouted, "Hey, baby!" "Ryan completely flipped out, and it got heated," says an eyewitness. "Ryan got in the guy's face and said, ‘Who are you calling baby?' Eva had to jump in and calm everyone down before it came to fisticuffs. Ryan then made nice and shook the guy's hand."
Baby Goose feathers fly! [Page Six]
There's been no movement on the Lindsay Lohan front, although two weeks ago she was sentenced to 90 days in "lockdown rehab" (which doesn't exist, by the way). Meanwhile, she's been partying in Brazil and allegedly stealing shit from the set of Anger Management. But apparently there was one absurd clause to Lohan's compliance with the rehab deal:
She'd agree to rehab ONLY if the facility would allow her to continue taking Adderall.
Apparently LiLo's been abusing Adderall since 2010, when she got a prison doctor to prescribe it. Her lawyer, incredibly, said he'd find a place that would accommodate her request. Logic fail! And also, it doesn't exist. [TMZ, TMZ]
On the way back from Brazil, her tit almost came out. [NYDN]
If you're of the mind that Justin Bieber's merely going through a "phase" rather than becoming a mini-Lohan, headlines like "Justin Bieber's Monkey Seized In Germany" don't help your case. The aggressive lil' pop nugget's capuchin monkey Mally was taken into quarantine at a German airport for lack of papers after he snuck the monkey on a private jet. [The Sun]
- Wiz Khalifa is suing over a cancelled show. [TMZ]
- A judge ruled that the two remaining members of En Vogue can keep calling themselves En Vogue. (What a mighty good judge.) [TMZ]
- Annnnd here is Paris Hilton partying with Hugh Hefner. [Daily Mail]
- One Direction's Harry Styles is working on a solo album. [MTV UK]
- Janet Hubert, formerly known as Aunt Viv on The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, currently known as a wack job, wants to reconcile with Will Smith. [HuffPo]
- Michael Bublé is cutting down his touring schedule because of his new bablé. [Contact Music]
- Louis Vuitton wheelchair-bound Lady Gaga and Taylor Kinney went to a strip club and then ended the night at McDonalds. Hashtag American dream? [Janet Charlton's Hollywood]
- Selena Gomez isn't looking for a relationship post-Bieber, so don't even try. [MTV UK]
- Demi Lovato's new album's cover art features her naked and covered in glitter. [Gossip Cop]
- Kourtney Kardashian has offered to be a pregnancy surrogate for Khloe Kardashian. [Radar Online]
- Drake and A$AP Rocky won't be invited to the as-yet theoretical Chris Brown/Rihanna wedding. [The Sun]
- Breezy was booed at a Knicks game on Easter Sunday (sitting next to Spike Lee!) but he only laughed. [NYDN]
- Pregnant Peaches Geldof exists, wore clothes. [Daily Mail]
- Britney Spears did Easter Sunday with the other Spearseseses. [People]
- Want to know what Food Network star Ann Burrell cooked the Obamas for Easter? I can help you with that, if nothing else. [People]
- Jennie Garth in a bikini looking Stepford Wife-ish (in a good way?) [Us Weekly]
- Another bikini picture: Hayden Panettiere. [Us Weekly]
- Kim Kardashian was unsurprisingly terrible in that new Tyler Perry movie. [NYDN]
- Jimmy Kimmel will marry his fiancee Molly McNearney in July. [Page Six]
- A barely-visible photo of Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green's son Noah! [Us Weekly]
- Lena Dunham and Jack Antonoff "made out." [Page Six]
- Halle Berry is rallying the celebrity troops to attempt to officially block the paparazzi from snapping the children of celebrities (with a camera. Not, like, in half). [Page Six]