According to a cover interview she just did with the U.K. magazine Fabulous, Jennifer Lawrence apparently isn't as into her myriad Jennifer Lawrence-isms as we are. Her family's keeping her feet on the ground ("My family is not the kind of family that would ever let me turn into an asshole or anything like that, so I'm fortunate to have them"), and she doesn't like doing public appearances as herself.
"I'm afraid I'm going to go my whole life being scared like a chihuahua. It's not my comfort zone. Making movies is where I belong. I shouldn't be heard just talking. So, when I'm doing movies, I'm really happy. That's where I'm comfortable, that's my home. When you put me on a red carpet or on a stage, I turn into chihuahua Jennifer. I have no control over what comes out of my mouth. I would probably turn into a mute if I read what I said."
Oh, come on, even Jennifer Lawrence has to admit that Jack Nicholson post-Oscars repartee was beautiful. A moment later, she's back in full form pontificating on ghosts versus burglars.
"I actually get comforted when I feel like there might be a burglar in my house, like, 'There's a real person that might be breaking into my house, it's not a ghost, that's a relief.
Lest we forget the intense Method acting skills of Taylor Swift, America's Blonde Love Unicorn will appear on the season finale of The New Girl as Elaine, an "important guest" Cece's wedding to Shrivrang. Can we handle this much adorkability? Does the word "adorkability" still make you cringe? Good, I'm not alone. Anyway, she'll probs sing. I'm just in it for Max Greenfield. [Vulture, L.A. Times]
Ashlee Simpson's been partying a lot and the Simpsons, especially
Marge Tina, are concerned.
"Tina's asked Jessica to look out for Ashlee and make sure she doesn't start partying too hard once again. With Jessica focusing on her second pregnancy, she's a calming influence on Ashlee because she doesn't want to go out on the town.
Instead, she prefers family nights in relaxing and has encouraged Ashlee to join them when they are all together, which she has been doing. However, Tina has told Jessica to keep an eye on the situation, just like she is, to see if Ashlee falls back into her bad old ways again - only time will tell."
What does a Simpson family night entail? A hearty game of Boggle, maybe? Not quite as fun as doing five tequila shooters at a bar and, say, making out with a random Georgian man (the country, not the state), but whatever's best for Ashlee. [Radar Online]
Jessica Simpson is pregnant, wore a T-shirt, and that them's the news. [Us Weekly]
Jersey Shore's JWoww has been cast on One Life to Live. So far she has already actual-slapped a co-star when it called for a stage slap. [Today]
- Here are some pictures of the remnants of Justin Bieber's house party. [TMZ]
- And the wife of the neighbor Bieber allegedly spit on calls him a "punk." [TMZ]
- Beebs just went to visit his ex Selena Gomez. [NYDN]
- Beebs' mom Pattie Mallette: "Of course I pray for him [but] I can't really speak to how he handles that part of his life." So many problems with that sentence! :D [NYDN]
- Katharine McPhee changed her hair. [Us Weekly]
- The father of Jenna Wolfe's baby isn't Matt Lauer or Lester Holt. [NYDN]
- Sarah Chalke will appear on Grey's Anatomy as a woman whose son has Kawasaki disease (which her real-life son suffers from). [People]
- This video of paparazzi waiting for Kim Kardashian to leave her hotel room will give you bad chills. [The Life Files]
- Barbara Walters might be retiring in 2014. [Us Weekly]
- Chevy Chase and Beverly D'Angelo are in talks to do a National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation reboot. [Variety]
- SCANDAL: Gwyneth Paltrow's daughter Apple is allowed one Coke and a handful of Hot Cheetos per week. [Us Weekly]
- Mary-Kate Olsen is making Olivier Sarkozy hold on that wedding proposal. [Us Weekly]
- If you were curious about Lindsay Lohan's newest tattoo, she got it during a "private, secret spiritual ceremony" with a friend. [Page Six]
- Jeremy Irons' son Max is insanely attractive. I DECIDE WHAT IS NEWS HERE. [Page Six]
- Brangelina didn't get secretmarried, says Angelina Jolie. [Page Six]
- Ireland Baldwin Tumbld (Tumblr'd?) a bikini picture. [Page Six]
- Brendan Fraser is broke and threw his back out recently. [Radar Online]
- Holy shit, Gordon from Sesame Street is a douchebag. [Page Six]