Twilight star Ashley Greene's West Hollywood condo went up in flames today after someone left a candle unattended. Greene, her brother, and her boyfriend (who might be Ryan Phillippe?) were all asleep at the time. One of Greene's two fox terriers didn't survive.
One of Greene's two fox terrier dogs perished in the blaze and was found dead under the bed, according to a resident who spoke to TMZ. A second dog was taken by Animal Control to be checked out.
The 26-year-old actress, who plays vampire Alice Cullen in the Twilight franchise, fled the apartment with her brother and boyfriend after being woken by the fire. The two men apparently tried to go back to save the dogs after realising they were still inside but were unable to re-enter.
Greene was later spotted at the scene covered in soot and pictures of the inconsolable actress cradling her dead pet, wrapped in a blanket, have since been published on TMZ.
Several residents tried to tackle the blaze with fire extinguishers before at least 10 fire trucks screeched to the scene of the historic A-list complex, which was once lived in by Marilyn Monroe.
The TMZ pics are intrusive and gross. How traumatic. Big condolences, Ashley. [DailyMail]
Oh, hello, most rando news story of the day: "Tom Cruise Joins Russian Social Networking Site, Thanks Fans for 'Warm Welcome.'"
Tom Cruise has become the first celebrity to join the Russian social networking site Vkontakte.
The Rock of Ages star took to his profile page this morning to say hello and promote his presence on the website.
"Hey Guys, We opened up the wall for a bit this morning, (It's 10:33am PT in L.A.!), cause we wanted to hear from you and interact a bit with you...you guys are awesome! " Cruise and his team posted earlier today.
"Thank you Gulnaz, Kristinka, Dmitry, Kirill, Alexander, Viktor, Nia, Viktoria, Vyacheslav , Vadim and everyone else, thank you for the warm reception and VK tips!" he continued. "Check out our ABOUT section for any questions about Tom, TeamTC, and our VK profile. We'll have some cool stuff for you today, so we'll C'ya later!"
The site lists Cruise's birthday (July 6) and his native language (English, duh) along with the message, "You guys have been GREAT, thanks for the warm welcome! –TeamTC."
I mean...I just...why are you telling me? I guess if any of you have a Vkontakte account and would like to communicate with Tom Cruise's publicist's second assistant's intern's foot, go nuts. [E!]
Here's Miley Cyrus talking about Miley Cyrus stuff:
"I haven't really seen one bad comment about my twerk video," the star told Seacrest of the clip she posted on March 20, in which she dances to J. Dash's "Wop" while wearing a unicorn onesie. "This is the first thing! I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever!"
(Twerking is a form of dancing that involves gyrating and shaking one's bottom in a suggestive manner. "You can't really explain it," Cyrus said. "It's something that comes naturally...it's a lot of booty action.")
The singer confessed that she had "been practicing [twerking] probably for the past two years" but was surprised at the positive reaction. "I can't believe how many people think I'm good at twerking — which is dope — like my life goal has been accomplished," she joked. "I thought it was so weird, and [I thought] people were going to think it was so weird, but I'm glad that everyone understands my humor."
- Oh, were you saying you wanted more pictures of Tom Hardy snoogling that silver puppy? TGIF, Y'ALL. [DailyMail]
- Here's Britney Spears holding hands with her new boyfriend. (Those shoes with that dress!!!) [Us]
- Lindsay Lohan will not face charges for this crime she did, because of course not. [E!]
- Mitchell Kriegman, creator of Clarissa Explains It All, is writing a NEW BOOK ABOUT 23-YEAR-OLD CLARISSA. It's called Things I Can't Explain, and my only complaint here is that it's a novel instead of a tell-all about the making of the show (because you know Clifford Spleenhurfer was up to some kinky shit). [EW]
- Ryan Gosling pumps gas in a Macaulay Culkin t-shirt. [DailyMail]
- Whut? All My Children and One Life to Live are being resurrected online. [WoW]
- This guy from Arrow has been approached to play Christian Grey. [TooFab]
- Here's Anne Hathaway at the airport. [DailyMail]
- ATTACK THE WEEKEND.