He's just going to be, you know, hanging out at the mall reuniting lost kids with their parents and then giving them a turtle. Or making flaxen wigs for cancer patients out of his own 5 o'clock shadow. Or telling your uterus that it's beautiful exactly when you need it the most. Or just, generally, taking a nothing day and suddenly making it all seem worthwhile. Okay. I don't know exactly what Ryan Gosling plans to do during his sabbatical, but I can speculate. (Heads up: I've got $100 on "turning the world on with his smile.")
"I've been doing it too much. I've lost perspective on what I'm doing," the 32-year-old actor told The Associated Press. "I think it's good for me to take a break and reassess why I'm doing it and how I'm doing it. And I think this is probably a good way to learn about that.
"I need a break from myself as much as I imagine the audience does," the self-deprecating star continued.
..."I don't know what I'm doing," he admitted. "I haven't quite figured out what the balance is between being able to be lost in it — or try to, anyway — and then step outside of it."
..."The more opportunities I'm given, the more I learn about how easy it is to [expletive] it up," he added. "You fight for freedom and then you get it, and then you have enough rope to hang yourself. It's like trying to exercise some restraint because I do have so much freedom."
Goz. GOZ. MY UTERUS NEEDS YOU. RED ALERT. [Us]
Miley Cyrus wants to ban carriage horses in New York City and let them run free and not have arthritis.
Miley grew up around animals and with all our horses growing up, so she is very passionate about protecting all animals," mom Tish Cyrus exclusively tells E! News, explaining why their family has thrown their avid support behind a circulating petition to ban horse-drawn carriages in New York City.
..."Miley's fans have been amazing," she says. "We were trying to reach at least 100,000 people signing the petition and, after Miley tweeted, her fans got us 6,000 signatures in a few hours and pushed us over. We couldn't have done it without all her fans."
..."You all made my mama and all the horses so happy :)," Miley tweeted last night. "my fans really do come in handy xx."
This is nice. [E!]
Rihanna's tour bus was stopped at the Canadian border and they found WEED.
Kris Grogan of U.S. Customs and Border Protection tells E! News that "at approximately 9 a.m. this morning, a caravan of 10 charter buses claiming association with the singer Rihanna attempted to cross in Detroit at the Ambassador Bridge.
"During primary inspection a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer referred the buses for a secondary inspection due to the strong odor of marijuana emanating from one of the buses."
Grogan added that during the second inspection, a drug-sniffing dog alerted the presence of drugs on one of the passengers.
"A search of the individual resulted in the discovery of a small amount of marijuana and civil penalty assessed," he continued, and noted that the individual was not the singer (who was not even in the traveling party). The tour buses, along with the individual, were allowed to continue driving through to the States.
I don't even smoke weed (BECAUSE OF THE TERROR), but I cannot believe that this is still a thing. [E!]
Hahahahahahahaahahaha Rush Limbaugh thought Beyonce's "Bow Down" was an anthem about submitting to your husband, because he is a disgusting fool.
"She got married, she married the rich guy, she now understands—she now understands it's worth it to bow down."
Rush Limbaugh is an irrelevant garbage person and I will not say "condolences" when he dies. [ThinkProgress]
- Rebel Wilson says she might be up for a role in the Hunger Games. [BuzzFeed]
- In case you ran out of Zzzquil, Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson went on a "romantic date night." [E!]
- Jenny McCarthy is NOT replacing Joy Behar on The View. [Extra]
- Sheryl Crow went to Sea World and talked to a seal and the seal was like, "Seriously?" (Seriously, look at the seal.) [E!]
- Jessica Chastain spotted a gigantic billboard of her face while cruising around Paris, was super adorbz about it. [Us]
- Maria Sharapova and Novak "Handsome Screech" Djokovic went to a party and he wore the worst jacket. [JustJared]
- Elizabeth Banks got her hair browned. [E!]
- Michael Fassbender went out with a "mystery girl." [JustJared]
- If you are interested in purchasing Reese Witherspoon's Ojai ranch, the price has dropped. [ContactMusic]
- "I'm a disgusting man," says Judd Apatow. [People]
- Sharon Stone and her younger boyfriend are going strong, still totally like touching each other's bodays 'n' stuff. [HuffPo]
BOW DOWN TO BEYONCE, RUSH LIMBAUGH.