The dark sides of being Carrie Bradshaw, one can easily imagine, are as long as a grocery list: contributing to the materialistic culture of Manhattan! Perpetuating unrealistic standards of romance! Not being able to go to a bar in New York (Midtown or Murray Hill especially) without women bum-rushing you! Et cetera.
But Sarah Jessica Parker has just discovered another. Specifically, all that traipsing around Manhattan cobblestones in five-inch stiletto torture devices, which ran the gamut from high-end Manolos and Jimmy Choos to whatever Pat Field found in the $3 bin at Goodwill, has permanently fucked up her feet.
"For ten or so years, I literally ran in heels," Parker told Net-a-Porter's magazine. "I worked 18-hour days and never took them off. I wore beautiful shoes, some better made than others, and never complained."
"I went to a foot doctor and he said, 'Your foot does things it shouldn't be able to do. That bone there … you've created that bone. It doesn't belong there.'"
"The moral of the story is, the chickens are coming home to roost. It's sad, because my feet took me all over the world, but eventually they were like, 'You know what, we're really tired, can you just stop - and don't put cheap shoes on us?'"
Almost as damaging as the idea that ANYONE short of mayyyybe Andre Leon Talley would make $4 a word at Vogue. (Does someone make $4 a word at Vogue?!) [NYDN]
- Chris Brown was his usual charming self onstage at Emerson Theatre in Hollywood:
"You gotta say that one thing to [your girlfriend]... Don't make me have to tell you again, that's my p***y, baby!... so you better not give it away! So every person in this motherf**king building, if you got a bad bitch you better say that s**t to her, or she might f**k another n***a."
- I know, he's just the kind of guy you want to have a soft-focus picnic in the quad with. *__* [Digital Spy]
- Just realized that the Drake/Breezy feud is totally the hip-hop version of Harry/Draco. Post slash fic in comments, pls. [TMZ]
- Elizabeth Hasselbeck is leaving The View after nine years of solid wingnuttery. [Us Weekly]
- Hillary Scott of Lady Antebellum is having a baby girl. [Us Weekly]
- One Direction star Louis Tomlinson sticks up for Justin Bieber: "I really do empathize with him." [Sugarscape]
- Lindsay Lohan was offered a 90-day house arrest in lieu of jail. Since she totally won't leave the house for 90 days, since it's what the law says, and she listens to the law. [TMZ]
- Rose McGowan broke her toe. [Contact Music]
- A year after his anti-gay slur, Brett Ratner's work on behalf of LGBT causes has earned him a GLAAD award this year. [L.A. Times]
- Lil' Kim is suing her lawyer for $1 million. [NYDN]
- Here's a video of Mariah Carey very Mariah Carey-ishly hawking her new fragrance Dreams (By Mariah Carey). [Bossip]
- Holly Madison named her new baby girl Rainbow Aurora, may as well named her The Kids on the Back of The Bus in 7th Grade Won't Stop Teasing Me. [USA Today]
- Mila Kunis relies on her friends to keep her from acting like a "bitch." [tv3.ie]
- Billy Zane's not gonna take his daughter on the Titanic replica, nope, nope, nope. [People]
- Kristin Cavallari didn't want Jay Cutler to see anything below the waist while she was giving birth, but the delivery nurse was like, "Fuck that shit, he's gonna hold your leg." [People]
- Ariel Winter's body insecurities were heightened by her unsupportive mom. God, I just want to give this child a hug. [Us Weekly]