Rihanna covers Elle UK this month and talks about Chris Brown, Instagram and her future. Discussing Ri-Ri on this website is something of a lose-lose situation: Salem-style piling on her for her choices doesn't help anybody—especially not other women in similar situations—and I'll leave the alternative to the staff writer ladies who are more than equipped to tackle these issues. So, for today, at least, here's Rihanna on Rihanna.
"I Instagram everything about my life, whether it's smoking piff, in a strip club, reading a Bible verse-how crazy, I know-or hanging with my best friend, who happens to be Chris. I'm posting pictures of myself smoking piff to tell the truth about myself. I've got so much to think about, why bring all this extra shit by being dishonest?"
"‘Stay' is a story about having love that close and wanting it to last forever... You don't have that feeling with everybody so when you have it you don't want to let go of it. I would definitely say that he is the one I have that kind of relationship with. [...] What we want [is] a great friendship that's unbreakable. Now that we're adults we can do this right. We got a fresh start and I'm thankful for that."
Within the next five years, she says: ""Shall I say this? I will probably have a kid... (who'll be the father?) I can't tell you that. It's not my business. It's God's business."
After the Drake/Breezy bottle-throwing club fight, which may have began with Drake sending over a note to Brown that read "I'm fucking the love of your life, deal with it":
"Everybody wanted to know what was happening in my life. Is she a drug addict? No. Is she an alcoholic? No. Is she a victim? No. That's when I got the gun [tattoo]. It was a symbol of strength. I'll never be a victim."
- Mila Kunis stuck up for Oscars host Seth MacFarlane, although she claims to have missed the actual broadcast. [Entertainmentwise]
James Franco hits back at NYU professor Jose Angel Santana's lawsuit against him. [TMZ]
- Ex-Miss Delaware Teen USA Melissa King got $1,500 for the porn she starred in. [TMZ]
- It is a complete mystery to me why Justin Bieber keeps lending his car to reckless driver Lil Twist. [TMZ]
- Speaking of which:
Because apparently Beebs and his posse were ejected from a club by security. [E!]
- Oh, and he began the night shirtless. [Page Six]
- Shirley MacLaine returns to Downton Abbey next season! [PBS]
- Kate Middleton got a $55 maternity dress from Topshop; is Just Like Us, with one tiny difference! [Us Weekly]
- Arnold Schwarzenegger returns to his position as executive editor of bodybuilding mag Muscle & Fitness and Flex, aka MAAASCLE AND FEEEETNESS AND FLEX. [LA Times]
- Seal is dating former Pink Power Ranger Erin Cahill. Related: Did you know that when it snows his eyes become large? [Us Weekly]
- Harry Styles' tattoo artist thinks that he and Taylor Swift were never really in love: "Harry and Taylor didn't seem in love at all. There wasn't a sparkle in Harry's eye. Taylor came towards the end of his ship tattoo and sat with him but there was nothing magical going on." [Sugarscape]
- Kanye West is struggling in vain to try to convince Kim Kardashian not to do a nude pregnancy shoot. It's a losing battle, 'Ye. [TV3.ie]
- What the fuck? David Boreanez created Jennifer Hudson's Oscars nail polish. What the fuck? [People]
- Jane Lynch says adorable things about her stepdaughter Haden. [People]
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson's wedding to Justin Mikita will happen in New York, summer, loft space. <— Wedding Mad Libs. [Us Weekly]
- Hayden Panetierre sounds fun to party with: "Later, it looked like Hayden was taking care of her girlfriend, who seemed really wasted and was trying to bum cigarettes." [Page Six]
- Lindsay Lohan is volunteering at a school for autistic children. [Page Six]
- Yes, it was, in fact, David Beckham's own crotch and butt in his H&M commercial. Sleep soundly and dreamlessly tonight. [Page Six]
- Diddy used to wet the bed. Last year. JK. [NYDN]
- This baby orangutan. [People]