Hahahahaahahahaahahahahahaahahaha did you know Lindsay Lohan was suing Pitbull because he said her name in a song in kind of a mean way? Well, it's true, except that the judge just threw it out. Then he filed a countersuit against Lohan for LOLOLOL IN THE 1ST DEGREE.
The actress' lawsuit against the Cuban-American rapper, Ne-Yo and Afrojack over their smash-hit 2011 song "Give Me Everything"-in which Pitbull raps once, "I've got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan"-was dismissed today by a federal judge, who ruled the tune's lyrics are protected by the First Amendment, which covers freedom of speech and creative expression.
"This will further solidify the rights of artists to express themselves in song," Pitbull's attorney, Marcos Jimenez, told E! News Thursday, noting that his client "wasn't shocked," but "disappointed" when Lohan first sued in August 2011.
Pitbull "is very pleased," Jimenez added. "He felt it was very important to address this head on to protect his right and the rights of other artist. He decided to fight this."
Next, Lohan says she's looking into suing an actual pitbull for being too cuddly. [E!]
Ooh! James Marsden has been cast in Anchorman 2! I hope he plays a handsome guy who is also hilarious!
X-Men‘s James Marsden is the latest cast member to join Will Ferrell & Co. in Anchorman: The Legend Continues. While plot details have been kept largely under wraps, sources tell Deadline he'll play a rival anchor and nemesis to Ferrell's Ron Burgundy in the sequel. Secrecy has been high as production ramps up for a March shoot in Atlanta, although Christina Applegate slipped news of Kristen Wiig's casting on Twitter earlier this month. Adam McKay is directing the December 20, 2013 Paramount release for Gary Sanchez Productions and Apatow Productions with much of the original Anchorman cast reprising their roles, including Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, and David Koechner.
I AM NOT INVOLVED IN ANY WAY BUT I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE. [Deadline]
Wiz Khalifa and Amber Rose named their baby Sebastian "The Bash" Taylor Thomaz. A source close to the couple says they've already settled on a name for their second child: Flounder "The Pounder" Ty Bryan. [E!]
- This looks like one of those old-timey sideshow people who's "half man/half woman" only it's "half Kim Kardashian/half dentist." [E!]
- Courtney Stodden isn't invited to the Oscars, but that didn't stop her from getting an Oscar dress. [ONTD]
- Here is Mark Paul Gosselaar with no shirt on. [JustJared]
- Apparently Vanessa Hudgens and Nicole Richie are facing off in something called a "Crop Top Challenge!" which looks a lot like just standing there. [E!]
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler ate food while pregnant. [E!]
- Do you like Jennifer Lawrence's weird dress or do you not like Jennifer Lawrence's weird dress? [E!]
- Aries Spears is getting divorced. You know, from MadTV? You'd recognize him. [TMZ]
- Mike Tyson is suing his financial advisor for embezzlement. [Radar]
- Mindy McCready's autopsy concludes that her death was a suicide, as was widely reported. [HuffPo]
- Zahara and Shiloh cannot contain their excitement for Pinkberry. [JustJared]
- 98 Degrees is releasing a new album. If it were N Sync, I could muster an exclamation point. But, alas. [HuffPo]
- Rob Kardashian gained 50 pounds, so now he's on a diet. [Us]
I looooove this gif but I've never found quite the right place to use it. So, fine. YOLO OR WHATEVER.