Long-suffering country music singer Mindy McCready was found dead via a gunshot wound to the head yesterday afternoon on her porch—the same location that David Wilson, McCready's self-declared "soulmate," took his own life almost exactly a month ago—in Cleburn County, Arkansas. She was 37. McCready's problems arguably began after an exploitative sexual relationship with Roger Clemens at age 15, and she was a success by 20: Her debut album, Ten Thousand Angels, sold two million copies. She attempted suicide once in 2005 and again in 2008, appearing on Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew in 2010 to deal with her drug and alcohol issues. In 2011, she kidnapped her 5-year-old son Zander from his father.
McCready had taken a turn for the worse after her two sons, Zander and nine-month-old Zayne, were removed from her care by a judge on February 6th. She was held in a treatment facility for mental health and alcohol abuse problems only to be released two days later. She shot the family dog before shooting herself. I know: Great way to start your morning. [TMZ, CNN]
Twitter reacts. [Radar Online]
New mom/chanteuse powerhouse Adele's considering doing a Vegas show in order to stay in one place while she gets a grip on motherhood and records her third album, and she's been asking asking longtime Caesar's Palace performer Sir Elton John (truly the feather-boa'd, tinted-glasses'd Grandmother Willow of showbiz) about the Vegas experience.
"Adele has been chatting to Elton about her fears of singing live again. Elton's been like a godfather to her recently, helping her settle into life as a superstar and the challenges of being a parent." He has also been assuaging her fears of performing live, and she's currently in breathing therapy for stage fright. [MTV UK, TVNZ.co.nz]
Rather unsurprisingly, Rihanna lasted approximately ten minutes at her River Island fashion show in London, which has already garnered pans. Instead, Ri-Ri hit some sex shops with Cara Delavigne because she's Really Into Fucking. Did you know that? I don't know that. (FYI, apparently she is looking for a harness.)
Later, outside the Box nightclub in London, a male stranger began screaming at Rihanna about her reconciliation with Chris Brown and threw a British energy drink at her, resulting in her cutting her knee. Yeesh. It depresses me too, but I'm prrrreeetty sure that's not the way to do it. [NYND, Yahoo OMG UK]
Miley Cyrus, or the Vanessa Bayer impression of Miley Cyrus (which I prefer) "got right up in [boyfriend Liam Hemsworth's face] for bragging to his brother Chris Hemsworth about how nutso he and Miley are in the sack. A source says: "When Liam defended himself by saying Miley's always gabbing to her girlfriends – and discusses details about their sex life – she snapped, ‘That's different! They're my girlfriends and you don't hang out with my girlfriends. But I have to see your brother all the time – I don't want him knowing what goes on in our bed!'" She should just invite Chris into it! And borrow Rihanna's harness! [Showbiz Spy]
While discussing her role as abused porn star Linda Lovelace in Lovelace , Amanda Seyfried said that she could identify with Lovelace's attraction to her controlling pornographer husband Chuck Traynor .
"Unfortunately, there's something attractive about someone who's broken, for me, and a lot of women that I've spoken to. My best friend and I are attracted to creeps - sometimes. They're interesting and mysterious and they provide us with this rush and this need to chase or fix – just these needs they fill in yourself. It doesn't make any sense. It's a weird psychology but unfortunately it's the way the world works."
- Ladies, and some gentlemen: Prince Harry is returning to the States on "official business," a.k.a. shenanigans. [Hello Magazine]
- Shaggy (Remember Shaggy, perhaps better known as Mr. Boombastic?) asked for his song "Angel" to be turned off at Da Club, telling the DJ: "I don't want to hear my own fucking song." The most important question to be answered here is how Shaggy found a car that would take him back to 1997. [Page Six]
- Scott Disick creeped on Khloe Kardashian-Odom. Wait. What? Nobody cares? GREAT! [Us Weekly]
- Pregnant Jessica Simpson, Pregnant Cacee Cobb and Pregnant With Emotion Eric Johnson went to Cheesecake Factory. [Us Weekly]
- Today in People Your Mom's Never Heard Of, Azealia Banks called Diplo a "fucking snake" on Twitter. [Complex]
- Eve is totally backtracking from that comment she made about Britney Spears not singing on a new will.i.am song nobody's listened to. [TMZ]
- Brit-Brit's ex-boyfriend—the one who settled a sexual harassment with her out of court—is a ghost hunter now. [TMZ]
- Water's wet, kittens are cute and Kevin Federline's behind on his taxes again to the tune of $57,000. [Daily Mail]
- Taylor Swift is being sued for $2.5 million for pocketing the paycheck for a Canadian "hoedown festival" that ended up not happening. (It's for the best.) [TMZ]
- Ric Flair (a.k.a. the inspiration for Will Ferrell's Ashley Shaffer on Eastbound & Down) has asked for a protective order from his abusive, alcoholic wife. Definitely NOT "woo!" [TMZ]
- Katherine Heigl's husband Josh Kelley Tweeted a cute picture of himself and their daughters. Still can't forgive her for The Ugly Truth. [People]
- Everybody calm your buttholes, Katy Perry and John Mayer aren't engaged. And also that ring is fucking ugly, right? [People]
- It's Monday, so some model is rebounding from Adam Levine with Calvin Harris. [Page Six]
- Naomi Campbell reserved a table for her myriad assistants and bodyguards at a table next to hers at a restaurant. So at least she lets them eat. [Page Six]
- Jay and Bey watched NBA. And I am a poet. Hurray? [Daily Mail]
- Russell Brand admitted the Arthur remake was a mistake. You're telling me. Christ. [The Sun]
- Amanda Bynes is interested in getting some plastic surgery/continuing to have a Network-style breakdown. [NYDN]
- Mariah Carey took her mom to see "Phantom of the Opera" for her 76th birthday. Disturbingly Muggle behavior for Mimi, but I'm sure they went back to her house and showered themselves with diamonds. [NYDN]