Four years to the day after Chris Brown beat the crap out of Rihanna on the way home from Clive Davis' pre-Grammys party in 2009, here they are snuggling at last night's ceremonies. While it's been public knowledge for a while that the two are back together—she even accompanied him to court on Wednesday and blew him a kiss—it was the snuggle that tore Twitter asunder, reports Yahoo Music:
For every negative "Rihanna & Sting onstage together. Good to see her joined by a member of The Police without Chris Brown involved" there was a positive "I don't care what anyone says, Chris Brown and Rihanna are beautiful together! Hate all you want, I love them!").
And thanks to some bling on Ri-Ri's left ring finger, there is rampant Interwebz speculation of an engagement. I'm going to go right ahead and guess "No," thank you. (Fingers crossed.) [Radar Online, NYDN]
Brown chose his all-white duds, by the way, to obtain "inner peace." [Celebuzz]
The paparazzi denies that they had anything to do with his car crash on Saturday. [TMZ]
Ladies and gentlemen, Madonna has finally joined Instagram. She got 27,000 followers in a matter of hours and has posted three selfies of her cleavage so far. [Instagram]
During her Willy Wonka-inspired (?!) white suit-and-top-hat Grammy opening performance of "We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together," Taylor Swift threw some shade at her most recent ex, Harry Styles, by speaking some of the mid-song "guy" dialogue in an English accent. Subtle, Tay-Tay. Also, they continued to cut to Swift throughout the performance because she knew all the lyrics to all the songs and animatedly sang along because she's a legit cartoon princess. [Us Weekly]
Literally everything John Mayer says, regardless of how innocuous, sticks in my craw. I'm sorry, dude's just a chode. He talked to Anthony Mason on CBS Sunday Morning about going steady with Katy Perry: "For the first time in my life I don't feel like I'm in a celebrity relationship. I really don't. I'm not in a high profile – I know it's high profile. It's hard to explain... For me it feels like something that's very human." Nothing high-profile about dating a megastar who shoots fireworks and processed dairy products out of her tits. [People]
Rumors of a Jessica Chastain/Jennifer Lawrence feud have been flying since J. Law took the SAG Award (Chastain was "seething," says a source) and later playfully name-checked Chastain in a swaggy Saturday Night Live monologue. However, Chastain says it's sexist and bogus.
"I find it very sad that media makes up bogus stories about women fighting in this industry. Filming The Help was the most amazing experience and yet, that is the film I'm most asked about in regards to 'fighting on set.' Why do we support the myth that women are competitive and cannot get along? [...] I've done two photo shoots with Jennifer Lawrence over the years and have found her to be utterly charming and a great talent. I've told her how beautiful her film work is."
For the two of you who still care, Lindsay Lohan's having a fling with a 22-year-old Brooklyn DJ (may as well just replace all those descriptors with the single word "insufferable" and save us all some time) named Julian Cavin. They're casual for now, but surely her innate charm will make the dude, who spins at Goldbar, want to grow old with her:
"She was a mess," sniffs an insider, who says she arrived with one other female friend. "She started dirty dancing [on Cavin] when he wasn't in the [DJ] booth."
The eyewitness says a gal pal of Cavin's made an innocent comment to LiLo's friend about Lohan and Cavin as "a cute couple."
"She flipped out and told Lindsay," says the source, who reports that LiLo turned to the girl "and goes ‘What the fuck do you think you're doing?' "
"Lindsay grabbed every bouncer and bottle girl she could find and goes ‘Get this girl the fuck out of here,'" the eyewitness says.
Meanwhile, if LiLo is found guilty after her probation violation hearing, she's reportedly told friends that she'll be relying on the (financial) kindness of her man friends Prince Haji Abdul Azim, hotelier Vikram Chatwal and artist Domingo Zapata. [Radar Online]
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West are looking into buying three international mansions. [TMZ]
- Right now they're having a blast posing like Jesus in Brazil, as one is wont to do. [NYDN]
- Mariah Carey celebrated Christmas again because she does whatever the actual fuck her heart desires. [NYDN]
- The first shot of Lindsay Lohan's unfortunately-named little half-bro, Landon Major Lohan. [TMZ]
- The first shot of Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green's baby Noah. [Radar Online]
- But the first shot of Britney Spears' new PUPPY, who can fit in her HAND, beats both of the above. [Twitter]
- Katt Williams paid off $280,000 in back taxes. Getting it together. Color me impressed. [TMZ]
- Nadya "Octomom" Suleman got her window smashed in by a Super Bowl enthusiast. [TMZ]
- Drake settled his lawsuit with an ex-girlfriend who claims she co-wrote his song "Marvin's Room." [TMZ]
- Ne Yo is in talks to be the next X-Factor judge. [Extra TV]
- Best moment of Justin Bieber on SNL: when he pretended to take a dick pic for Hillary Clinton. [Newsbusters]
- And although El Beebo wasn't nominated for any Grammys this year, he tried to host a livestream that ended up crashing on him and he was "so frustrated." [Us Weekly]
- FYI, this is what Justin Bieber does when he's frustrated. [Instagram]
- Christina Applegate is leaving Up All Night. [Deadline]
- And here's how they made Carrie Underwood's fucking insane light-up Grammy's dress. [People]
- Adele's baby might be named Angelo! And she says she doesn't sweat the small stuff now that she's a mom. [People]
- Woody Allen tried to placate a diva-tantrumy Soon-Yi Previn after the two had to wait outside for a car for approx. 2 minutes after the amFAR gala. [Page Six]
- After sustaining an injury from a mugging in Paris, Naomi Campbell can wear heels again in time for Fashion Week, so stop WORRYING, EVERYBODY! [Page Six]
- Miley Cyrus had a nipple slip at the Grammy's. Really, it was more of a pasty slip. [NYDN]
- Toni Braxton's retiring from music to focus on acting. [NYDN]
- Kind of old, but Adam Levine got naked for a magazine, if you're into that. [NYDN]