Daily Beast editor Tina Brown ripped into RiRi on Twitter today, calling the singer a "big fat zero" for standing by Chris Brown in court.
The editor-in-chief of The Daily Beast slammed RiRi via Twitter for the stand-by-your-assailant moment, calling the pop diva"a big fat zero as a role model for girls."
The "Diamonds" singer, 24, sat front row in court on Wednesday next to Brown's mom as the judge decided whether her not her on-again boyfriend completed the community service he was sentenced to after brutally assaulting her on the eve of the Grammy Awards in 2009.
Prosecutors have asked that Brown repeat the 180 days, even though he claimed he fulfilled the full sentence.
What I like best about this story is that Chris Brown and Tina Brown have the same last name, so it makes it sounds like Tina Brown's mom was at Chris's court date for some reason, and Tina's just jealous because Rihanna is the cool, fun daughter Tina Brown's mom never had. Well, MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE GONE TO SEE THE FIRST WIVES CLUB WITH YOUR MOM WHEN SHE ASKED YOU TO INSTEAD OF GOING ROLLER BLADING WITH THOSE BURN-OUTS, TINA BROWN. [NYDN]
Country singer and one-woman Greek tragedy Mindy McCready has been entered into court-ordered rehab following the removal of her children and the presumed suicide of her boyfriend.
In an emergency hearing on Wednesday, a judge ordered McCready to be committed to a treatment facility to cope with mental health and alcohol issues. During the hearing, McCready, 37, admitted to drinking too much alcohol, blaming her overindulgence on her grief at Wilson's death.
..."As you can imagine, the tragedy of David Wilson's death has been devastating and crippling to Mindy and her entire family. We can confirm Mindy was admitted to an in-patient facility yesterday," McCready's rep tells PEOPLE.
"While taking appropriate and much needed time to grieve, her sons have been placed in foster homes where they are comfortable and cared for. We have no further statement at this time. Thank you for your patience, understanding and sensitivity."
Okay, remember that weird thing where Alicia Keys became the "creative director" of Blackberry the other week? And everyone was like, "Ah, yes. Normal." Well, now apparently Justin Timberlake is the "creative director" of Bud Light Platinum. Are we not paying the celebrities enough? Is that what's going on? They have to pretend to have regular-person side-jobs?
Justin Timberlake is apparently the new face of Bud Light Platinum, the fancy, "nighttime party drinker" (their words) brand of Bud. Explained the sometimes singer and MySpace investor: "Bud Light Platinum brings a refined, discerning aesthetic to beer that plays well with what I'm doing."
UHHHHH, OKAY. What else? Who else? Is Rico Suave working in the mail room at Starbucks Corporate? [OfCourseIKnowHisNameIsGerardoIKnowEverything]
- UK boy band (and rumored Lohan-pokers) The Wanted have secured their own reality TV deal. The show, entitled The Wanted Life will follow the group as they live together in a Hollywood mansion and explore "music, bromance and superstardom" and themselves and Asia. [Hello]
- David Bowie and Morrissey are in a fight and it is ADORABLE. [BuzzFeed]
- Bryan Cranston is in talks to star in a Godzilla movie. Because, fun fact, all the stories on earth have now been told. Writing is deceased. SHUT IT DOWN. [HollywoodReporter]
- Whitney Houston's family is planning to visit the hotel where Whitney died, in order to attend Clive Davis's
Tactful Friend AwardsGrammy party. (This seems like as good a time as any to mention that I went to the Beverly Hilton once and browsed through ALL OF MICHAEL JACKSON'S CRAZY STUFF. It is the most crackers thing I have ever seen and I insist that you click: Part one. Part two.) [NYDN]
- Jenelle Evans's estranged husband is on suicide watch and begging her to come back to him. [Radar]
- Marilyn Manson fell down. [NYDN]
- Viola Davis says she'll "never play a maid again." [Us]
- Second-funniest cat you'll find in this post. [BuzzFeed]
- Meowsterpiece Theatre.