Yeah, I know Lisa D'Amato (of ANTM and then...I don't know, other stuff) was pretty grating sometimes, but I've always liked her in my secret heart. She was a total hapless goofball on ANTM—and those girls are usually such BORING SQUARES, Keenyah eating all the bagels notwithstanding—and she seemed to give Celebrity Rehab a really endearing, whole-hearted college try. Anyway, now she's (temporarily) ruined her face doing a handstand and it's okay for us to make fun of it because she did it first. I think. I'm making the call.
"We were just kind of monkeying around," she told People, after wrapping production on an indie movie called Cowboys and Indians. D'Amato explained that she was doing a handstand up against a crew member when they suddenly took a nasty fall. D'Amato landed on her face, crushing her nose, and then the crew member fell on top of her, causing more injuries to D'Amato's face.
"It was a totally freak accident," D'Amato says. "It wasn't like we were doing back flips off the balcony."
...And she jokes that there may be an upside to her fall. "I didn't have the best nose in the world to begin with. It gave me character," she told People. "Now I have a nice little nose job. I get a super cute nose."
Get well soon, Lisa's face! [E!]
The 32-year-old Ethan Hawke impersonator who's dating 51-year-old Adrienne Maloof says that criticizing their age difference is hella sexist:
Stewart was out in L.A . today when he addressed rumors he'd already moved into Adrienne's pad — just weeks after they started dating — and he said, it's just not true ... "I actually have my own place."
But things got heated when the topic turned to the couple's age difference — Stewart said, "If men can date younger women, why can't an older woman date a younger man? It's sexist."
He added, "It's about the person she is inside. Age is just a number. If there's a connection and someone cares about a person, that's what matters really."
I'm not one to turn away an ally. You go, Glen Coco. [TMZ]
It's official: J.J. Abrams has been chosen to helm the upcoming Star Wars installment. This is excellent news because Abrams is certifiably not awful and sometimes even transcendently great.
"As a kid I was always a fan of special effects. Watching movies I was constantly trying to figure out how they did it, whatever the effect was. Star Wars was the first movie that blew my mind in that way; it didn't matter how they did any of it because it was all so overwhelmingly and entirely great. It was funny and romantic and scary and compelling and the visual effects just served the characters and story. It galvanized for me; not for what was exciting about how movies were made, but rather for what movies were capable of," Abrams told EW back in November. (In the same interview, he also denied that he would be directing any Star Wars films.)
Yay! Yay for America! And space! Yay for us all! [EW]
- This week in "What the Fuck Is in Penelope Cruz's Ear!?" the answer is............acupuncture stuff. You win a tote bag. [MTV]
- AnnaLynne McCord says she's very happy in her "long-term, committed boyfriend-girlfriend relationship," thankyouverymuch, and gives no shits about nuptials. [Us]
- Kate Winslet is reportedly up for a role in the film adaptation of YA novel Divergent. [VH1]
- Marc Anthony is single again. Ladies. Laaaaaaadies. [E!]
- Michael Bublé and his wife are going to have a bablé. [ContactMusic]
- Lindsay Lohan's case got transferred back to that meddlesome judge who warned her to quit swanning around discotheques and co-ed ice cream halls after sundown. [Radar]
- Here is a clip of Ashton Kutcher pretending to be Steve Jobs. I didn't watch it. [Extra]
- Sylvester Stallone claims that his half-sister has been blackmailing him for the past 26 years over allegations that he abused her. [Radar]
- John Cleese is selling signed photos of himself to fund his alimony payments. [Express]
- Carly Rae Jepsen is supposedly the new Candie's Girl, but it'll always be Jenny McCarthy-on-the-toilet in my heart. [Express]
That Outkast clip (above) sent me down a YouTube music video hole. So how about early 2000s dance party!? Wooo! It's Thursday! Woooooooo!!! [Neptunespresentsthaclonez?]