You can sleep a little more soundly tonight, knowing that most people aren't batshit crazy. Here are the important take-aways from a Pew Research Center poll released Wednesday.
- 63% of Americans don't want to overturn Roe v Wade (yay!)
- Not surprisingly, 74% of Democrats don't want to overturn Roe v Wade.
- Even among Republicans, a higher percentage is pro Roe (48%) than anti Roe (46%).
- Most religious groups support Roe v Wade.
- 76% of Protestants, 65% of black Protestants and 63% of Catholics are pro Roe.
- Seven in 10 Americans with no religious affiliation "say abortion should be legal in all or most cases."
- And don't even get me started on the Jews*! Oy! Nearly 9 out of 10 agree "abortion should be legal in all or most cases."
So, anti-choicers, sorry, but you're soooooo not mainstream. You know things are looking good for us pro-choicers when the fanatics over at LifeNews attack the poll as "absurdly inaccurate."
*I'm allowed to say this, as a Jew.