I don't even know how to BEGIN to feel about this. A.J. McLean (a.k.a. Fedora Patient Zero) says that Ryan Gosling could have been a Backstreet Boy—he was definitely secks-yoooo-uhhhlllll enough—but it didn't happen because McLean didn't have Gosling's phone number. However, in 2013, he's willing to give baby-goose a second chance.
Gosling recently gave an interview saying he used to tell A.J. he didn't think the band had a shot in hell of making it big, 'cause it seemed like a New Kids ripoff ... obviously, Gosling was wrong.
When BB blew up, Gosling says he tried to reach out to A.J. (probably to kiss his ass and beg for a job) ... but McLean never returned his calls.
But this weekend, A.J. says it MUST have been a misunderstanding — insisting he never INTENTIONALLY blew off The Gos ... he just doesn't have Ryan's digits.
In fact, A.J. says he wants Gosling to join the group — saying Ryan not only has a killer voice, but he's damn handsome to boot (duh).
UGH, I WANT IT THAT WAY. [TMZ]
Backstage at the Golden Globes last night, Quentin Tarantino defended the language in Django Unchained:
"If somebody is out there actually saying when it comes to the word [n-word], the fact that I was using it in the movie more than it was being used in the antebellum South in Mississippi, then feel free to make that case," he reportedly said to the press. "But no one's actually making that case. They are saying I should lie, that I should whitewash, that I should massage, and I never do that when it comes to my characters."
I'm Team Tarantino on this one. (Is anyone up in arms about the language in Lincoln?) I'm still reeling from how much I loved that fucking movie. [HuffPo]
Sharon Osbourne wants Lady Gaga to get a tighter leash on her fans:
"My opinion is, Gaga wants a kinder world. Don't let your fans be so hideously damaging, hurtful, violent, spread violence on your website. If you are a Mother Monster, monitor it," she continued. "She has a huge group of people that work for her that monitor her website. Why haven't you, as a responsible young woman, said 'No violence on my website, no violence, no threats, no violence.'
"However, everything is guns, guns, guns…Cut to her first performance on this new tour. She's wearing two guns coming out of her breasts. Now, on her website, if anybody had the time to pick out how many times guns, guns, guns were mentioned, this is not right and she should be stopped."
I mean, okay. [E!]
- This is awesome. Julianne Hough ripped the fuck out of her Golden Globes after-party dress. [NYDN]
- Is 15-year-old Chloe Moretz dating this "Cameron" person of indeterminate age? Eh, maybe. Carry on. [WoW]
- Here's a passionate argument for why Tina Fey should join Twitter. [NYMag]
- A 15-year-old from Virginia asked Ryan Lochte to her prom, and he sent her roses! Ew, gross, did I just like Ryan Lochte for the first time? Where's my loofah? [JustJared]
- Here are seven "spicy, complex" magazine covers with Rihanna on them. [StyleBlazer]
- Today in not-a-euphemism: "Molly Sims Shows Off Her 'Little Bunny.'" [People]
- A source says that Lance Armstrong opened up about doping during an interview with Oprah today. We'll find out on Thursday when the interview airs (working title: Dopes with Opes!). [Yahoo!]
- "It didn't take me too long to write," says Jodie Foster about her Golden Globes speech. [E!]
- Constant tough-break-catcher Mindy McCready's boyfriend died of an undisclosed cause. [Radar]
- Hulk Hogan is suing a Florida spine clinic for $50 million, saying they performed unnecessary spine surgery on him. [News.au]
- Britney Spears wore a shirt that says "love" on it, which is ironic because zzzzzzzzz. [People]
- Here's Demi Moore covered in mud. [E!]
- Mel Brooks says he's thinking of turning Blazing Saddles into a musical. [Deadline]