In the midst of our current celebrity baby mania, it's rare to hear an unapologetic, cheerful (and non-judgmental) celebrity voice speaking up about the boons of living child-free. Katharine McPhee, 28, says she always thought she'd have children—and she still might, who knows—but five years into marriage with her husband Nick Cokas, she's more fixated on working and gallivanting around NYC than on baby-making. In fact, she already has a baby, and its name is Smash.
"I once thought that by now I'd have lots of children, but actually I'm really enjoying being able to go from point A to point B and the only worry I have is have my dogs been walked," the American Idol runner-up says. "I'm selfish right now, but that's how and where I should be. The thing is, work is the thing I love the most."
...McPhee is, after all, still adjusting to life in the Big Apple. "I don't want to sound ungrateful, but I hated living in New York for the first six months," the former L.A.-based star admits. Over time, the "Over It" singer learned to love city living. "I couldn't really put my finger on it. There's so much diversity on the streets here," she says of Manhattan's varied culture. "You get to leave work behind when you leave; not everyone is an actor."
More power to ya, McPhee! Ladies! Doin' their own shit! [Us]
Portlandia's Fred Armisen admits he was a "terrible husband" to Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss. In case you're not caught up, Portlandia's Fred Armisen used to be married to Mad Men's Elisabeth Moss. I know. It's weird. I'll wait.
"I want it all ... fast," he admitted. "I want to be married, I want to live together ... and then somewhere around a year or two years, I get freaked out. I freak out emotionally and then I actually feel like 'Oh my God, who's this stranger in my house?"
Armisen even confessed that he doesn't like the feeling of being tied down to the same person and likes to have his freedom to date whoever he wants.
"Do you feel entitled to more women?" Stern asked.
"I don't want to admit that out loud to myself," Armisen said, "but that probably is it."
Ugh. Harsh. Moss, for her part, got in a pretty tasty burn a few months ago, when she said of Armisen, "One of the greatest things I heard someone say about him is, ‘He's so great at doing impersonations. But the greatest impersonation he does is that of a normal person.'" Frowny-face. Frowny-face-with-sunglasses-on-so-you-can't-see-the-pain-etched-upon-its-eyes. [HuffPo]
Well, here's the cutest fucking thing I've ever heard in my life. Ryan Gosling's mom borrowed Eva Mendes's clothes for the Gangster Squad premiere:
In Mendes' absence, Ryan, 32, decided to bring his mother, Donna Gosling, as his date. "My mother's wearing all my girlfriend's clothes," the actor told E! News.
"I'm wearing Eva Mendes," Donna echoed. "She let me raid her closet."
When Us Weekly asked Ryan what made his mother the perfect date, he struggled to find the right words. "I mean, where do I start?" he replied. "That's an impossible question to answer. She's amazing!"
These. Fucking. People. MY GOD. [Us]
Wait. What? Harry Styles has extra nipples? Was this known? Oh, I guess it was known.
"I've got four nipples," he admitted in Star magazine's April 30 issue. "I must have been a twin, but the other one went away and left its nipples behind."
Anyway, who cares. Also...am I an adult woman "reporting" on a child's nipples? What is wrong with my life? [WoW]
- Justin Bieber will be the host and the musical guest on SNL on February 9. [MTV]
- Is this a new leaked Prince song? [TheGrio]
- Kate Moss donated a signed copy of her book Kate: The Kate Moss Book to a Hurricane Sandy relief auction. She included a note: "Fuck you Sandy! Love, Kate." Also here is a picture of her walking. [Popsugar]
- Here's Jill Scott and Maxwell standing around being hella good-looking. [TheGrio]
- Blorp. Here's Lindsay Lohan taking a step down from Scary Movie 5. [NYPost]
- Here's Mariah Carey looking extremely cute (and cold) in what looks like (but surely isn't) a sensible L.L. Bean bikini. [E!]
- Reese Witherspoon is apparently the "most wanted celebrity neighbor." [JustJared]
- Here's Robert Downey Jr. snugglin' his baybay on the beach! [E!]
- Skeet Ulrich apparently owes $284,861.84 in overdue child support payments. Also, for the record, his actual name is "Bryan Ray Trout." Nah, guys. I'm not Bryan anymore. Call me Skeet. [Radar]