Tory and Chris Burch have settled their epic legal battle over the future of the Tory Burch brand and the alleged similarities between it and Chris Burch's new retail venture, C. Wonder. The divorced couple announced the news late on December 31, meaning they were probably hoping that everyone would be back to talking about Kanye West's baby by now. The confidential settlement deprives us all not only of a lawsuit and countersuit with great entertainment potential, but also of the comedic stylings of one judge Leo Strine. [WWD]
What's that facemask, Margiela? Yes, actually. Kanye West wore a Margiela facemask from the brand's fall/winter 2012 couture collection at a concert in Atlantic City. [Team Kanye Daily ]
- Olivier Rousteing of Balmain gets over a hangover by hitting up Micky D's.
"I buy nine nuggets, barbeque sauce, a burger, McFlurry and potatoes. I swear when you get out of the club at six, or seven and you wait a bit till McDonalds open, that's the best cure."
For her part, model Kasia Struss recommends a sauna and Berocca. And to drink water while you're drinking in the first place.
"And if you're drinking the vodka, put soda and lime. So it's dehydrating and hydrating at the same time. [laughs] I've been drinking many years."
Monika "Jac" Jagaciak says to drink pickle brine. (That does work, but only if you've been drinking vodka.) The Man Repeller's Leandra Medine says:
Now you know! [Fashionista]
- Israel's ban on models with a B.M.I. of under 18.5 goes into effect this week. Don't hold your breath for similar legislation or even voluntary industry regulation in the U.S. "We never had an approach of mandate or enforce," says the Council of Fashion Designers of America's Steven Kolb. "We create awareness and education." [WSJ]
- Rag & Bone just got a big investment from the private-equity firm Irving Place Capital. The minority stake is understood to be around 25% of the business. The value of the deal was not disclosed. [WWD]
- Fashion investor Goga Ashkenazi's holiday house was robbed of $3.6 million in jewelry and €25,000 in cash while she and her boyfriend, Fiat heir Lapo Elkann, vacationed in Uruguay. Ashkenazi became a billionaire in the dirty-as-fuck Kazakh oil industry and, as the mistress of the son-in-law of the dictator of Kazakhstan, bore him a child. Now she hangs out with Prince Philip and owns the brand Vionnet. [WWD]
- In its ongoing quest to stamp out tax evasion in the fashion industry, the Italian government seems to have set its sights on Bulgari, which was sold in a $6 billion deal to Louis Vuitton Moët Hennessy in 2011. The Italian tax authority believes that Bulgari evaded around $92 million of taxes that it should have paid on the transaction by hiding assets in holding companies outside Italy. [Vogue UK]
- Girls costume designer Jenn Rogien has landed a side gig for the next six months as a consultant for the American Eagle lingerie brand Aerie. [WWD]