The MTV Movie Awards have finally figured out what it will take to get us to watch the MTV Movie Awards: they have announced that Rebel Wilson will be hosting this year's ceremony on April 14th, the first female host since Sarah Silverman in 2007, and a damn good choice at that. However, it being MTV, here is the weird, lame torture scene they announced the news with (co-starring Rebel's real life roommate Matt Lucas).
She confirmed the news via Twitter:
Wilson was last seen on the network at the Video Music Awards, presenting the Best Female Video category along with English band The Wanted, best known for being somehow involved with Lindsay Lohan in an Almost Famous capacity. [MTV, Vulture]
Leann Rimes indignantly denies pervasive rumors that she was drunk when she performed a duet of her song "How Do I Live" with 13-year-old X-Factor contestant Carly Rose Sonenclair: "'In my 18 years of performing, I have never been anything but professional onstage. It is a shame that gossip and lies are overshadowing the performance of Carly, a very talented young girl" Meanwhile, Rimes' lawyers claim that she was only trying to help the nervous Sonenclair onstage. The girl's family now blames Rimes for Carly Rose's defeat at the hands of Tate Stevens.
Wiz Khalifa and his pregnant fiancee Amber Rose told E! News that their kid was going to be born in a marijuana-friendly zone. ("Of course, I'm not going to be smoking right there over the baby, because smoke in general and being high is not good for a kid. None of that," he clarified.)
Khalifa: "I think it's all about how you're raised with it. Before there was a much more negative outtake on it. You know, pot and what it can do, and the effects of it."
Rose: "It's just like alcohol, basically. That's how I feel about it, you know. When you're a kid, you know that you're not supposed to drink alcohol, that it's for adults and that's it."
Khalifa: "Our son is just going to know that daddy likes to smoke." [E!]
This would be Madonna dropping the F bomb on some smoking fans during a concert sound check in Santiago, Chile. "Entiendes? You're looking right at me and smoking cigarettes, like I'm a stupid fucking idiot." [Billboard]
Adele's "Someone Like You" was England's most popular karaoke song this year. Jesus, cheer up, England. [Gigwise]
- Both Lindsay Lohan and Charlie Sheen had to sign releases that they didn't have cold sores before a kissing scene written in their Scary Movie 5 cameo. Cuuuute. [TMZ]
- And Michael Lohan, Father Knows
DrunkBest, vows to pay for LiLo's next stint in rehab, which she allegedly can't afford. [Radar Online]
- Christina Aguilera turned thirty-two on Tuesday, and her husband Matt Rutlege and "20 of her closest friends" surprised her with a party. It featured a plastic-looking cake with fishnet-style icing, "a smorgasbord of finger foods, including mac n' cheese, mini chili dogs, deviled eggs and grape leaves," and Nicole Richie. [Us Weekly]
- Katt Williams was detained by cops at a West Hollywood Subway. [TMZ]
- Russell Brand bought his yoga teacher a car, which the yoga teacher did not accept, because she is a better yogi than I thought. [Yahoo News]
- Victoria Beckham admits that she is posher than ever. [The Sun]
- Topanga is engaged and a new college graduate. Sunrise, sunset. [Digital Spy]
- Eva Longoria denies rumors that she's dating Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa. [Extra]
- Roger Ebert is having some health issues. :( [Vulture]
- John Mayer is maybe cheating on Katy Perry with a woman he's been having casual sex with for the last two years. Look, if you play with fire, fire is going to lie to you about where his penis went today. [Life & Style]
- "I really want to go to Vietnam and try some soup." —The newly-crowned Miss Universe Olivia Culpo has big dreams. [People]
- While Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds haven't released any full-body shots of their wedding, they're OK with giving little snapshots of their hands and shit to Martha Stewart. [Us Weekly]
- Despite rumbles that things fall apart, the center cannot hold, etc., Britney Spears and Jason Trawick will be spending Christmas together. [Page Six]
- Clubs still think it's hilarious to play Kanye West songs when Kim Kardashian's ex- (really, micro-) husband Kris Humphries comes to party. [NYDN]
- It's official: Simon Cowell and Carmen Electra are "people who date." [NYDN]