Model Joan Smalls is looking very, very strange in the new Gucci ad campaign. What exactly did they do to her lower body? And more importantly, why? [Photoshop Disasters]
SVictoria Beckham did not pose with her four former Spice Girls colleagues at the red carpet premiere of Viva Forever, a new London musical about the band. Her excuse was that she was stuck in traffic, so she just had to pose for pictures with her beautiful family, who just happened to all be wearing stylish, coordinating outfits, instead of her tackily dressed former bandmates. [ Telegraph]
SJessica Chastain is on the cover of Vogue Germany. [ FGR]
SKim Kardashian posed in underwear and furs for the French magazine Factice. [ E!]
SThese are the new Louis Vuitton spring ads, shot by Steven Meisel in New York. [ WWD]
- Tom Brady was asked how it feels to be the father of a new baby daughter, Vivian Lake:
"I'm in trouble! I grew up in a house with three sisters. I think it's great for my boys to have a girl in the house, just to understand at least a little bit about what makes a woman tick — not that I can certainly figure that out, because I can't. She's a beautiful little girl."
- Lord & Taylor's new parent company, Canada's Hudson Bay Company, is set to spend $40 million on renovations to the chain's Manhattan flagship. [WWD]
- Makeup artist Wei Lang says Beyoncé loves something called mink eyelashes. [The Cut]
- The founder of HauteLook has just launched a new site called Styloot, which aims to be a sort of Internet fashion meta-retailer. Reports Women's Wear Daily: "Styloot offers more than 400,000 items from 4,000-plus brands through deals with more than 100 online retailers — ranging from Net-a-porter to Target, Bloomingdale's to Banana Republic, and brands ranging from Christian Louboutin and Levi's to Oscar de la Renta and BCBG Max Azria. The site's search engine enables users to refine a search by brand, style, color, retailer, price point and type of sale (from 30 percent off to 70 percent off)." [WWD]
- Editor Kate Lanphear may have left Elle magazine for a new title called Editorialist. [Fashionista]
- L'Wren Scott's new perfume costs $195 for 3.4 oz. [WWD]
- Inditex, the parent company of Zara and one of the world's largest retailers, had a good quarter. Net income rose year-on-year by 21.7%, to $918.5 million. Sales were up by 17.8%, to $5.31 billion. [WWD]
- And now, a moment with Carolina Herrera. Carolina, what do you find unfortunate?
"Unfortunately there's a lot of confusion today over what is sexy and what is vulgar. It's horrifying. They say, 'Oh, that girl is so sexy', and she turns around and the dress is four sizes too small. Or she's wearing so much stuff, you wonder how long it took her to get ready."